Allergan Facilities Calibration Technician in Campbell, California
Facilities Calibration Technician
Campbell, California, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/89/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jul 01, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
This position will be responsible for leading and performing calibrations, and facilities related activities to ensure compliance with FDA, EU, JP cGMP’s, Allergan global standards, and all local procedures. The position will provide day to day supervision of facilities contractors while functioning in a regulated environment. The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime as the job requires and serve on call to respond to facility related alarms.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Perform calibration of all instruments, and sensors per approved SOP’s. Process all calibration related documentation, and ensure all calibrations, and calibration documentation is completed per the calibration schedule. Initiate OOT records and write investigations that pertain to facilities equipment.
· Ensure that Calibrations are performed in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, and Allergan standards.
Maintain Blue Regulatory Assset Manager (BMRAM) Calibration Management system
Monitor the performance of service contractors to ensure optimal performance and verify conformity to internal company vendor requirements. Will qualify new vendors as required.
Troubleshoot instrumentation, and control system problems.
Initiate and maintain vendor service contracts
Any other activity as required by Allergan Management
Associates degree, and three to five years experience as a calibration technician in a GMP production facility, and or equivalent combination of education and experience
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages
· Ability to draw and interpret graphs
· Must be experienced in the calibration of all types of instrumentation (Manual, and Automatic)
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
· Knowledge of FDA, EU, and JP GMP’s
· Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or related field
· Skill in assessing performance
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to train and supervise facilities/calibration contractors
· Ability to plan, schedule, the work of facilities/calibration contractors
· Ability to take initiative and make decisions within department/company guidelines
· Ability to demonstrate leadership in job performance
· Ability to establish and maintain moderately complex documentation systems
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Ability to accurately perform detail oriented work
· Ability to function in a regulated environment and handle confidential information
· Possess a valid California drivers license
· Ability to use Calibration Manager/IRAM, MS word, MS Excel, MS Projects
· Ability to be on call for facility related issues.