Lifetime Care RN (Registered Nurse) - On Call Weekends - (CHHA Exp Preferred) in Canandaigua, New York
SUMMARY: The On-Call RN is responsible for responding to calls from triage staff members regarding home care patients who require after-hours visits and for making appropriate clinical interventions after normal working hours seven days a week, including holidays.
- Adheres to all policies and operating procedures as well as Agency and community standards.
- Responds to requests to visits patients in a timely compassionate manner.
- Gathers information from the caller regarding the presenting problem.
- Makes a home visit to conduct a clinical record when needed.
- Selects and implements appropriate clinical interventions, obtaining physician orders when required.
- Accesses and advises the triage nurse of interventions in a timely manner when appropriate.
- Communicates all salient details of the contact to appropriate individuals including the patient’s attending physician, the primary nurse and the manager, team as needed to assure continuity of care.
- Documents each of these contacts (including clinical data, assessment, interventions and content of communication) in the patient’s clinical record in a timely manner.
- Consults with the administrator on-call as needed for advice and decisions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing, a valid NYS RN license, BSN** -or-** one year of home care nursing experience required.
- Two years acute care (med/surg type) experience desirable.
- Ability to travel and a valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary.
- With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-1185
Post Date: 2/13/2017
Title: RN (Registered Nurse) - On Call Weekends - (CHHA Exp Preferred)
Job Type: Full Time
City: Canandaigua, Sodus, Waterloo