The GEO Group HR COORDINATOR in CANON CITY, Colorado
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The position, in conjunction with corporate Human Resources personnel, will provide technical and
administrative support to ensure compliance with human resources related issues for the
Primary Duties and Responsibilities.
• Act as human resources liaison for the employees at the program/facility under the direction and
guidelines of corporate human resources.
• Assists with inputting personnel actions, including new hires, requisitions, terminations, salary
changes, performance ratings, transfers, promotions, benefits related issues, and other personnel
• Interpret human resources policies and procedures and responds to employee inquiries regarding
policies and procedures.
• Acts as a human resources liaison with payroll at the program/facility level.
• Conduct new hire employee HR orientation training.
• Maintain complete both current and terminated personnel files.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting
human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Advises management with appropriate resolutions regarding employee related issues such as
corrective action and utilize corporate human resources department as needed.
• Assists with performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity
• Assists with salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within
• Administers benefits paperwork and provides completed paperwork to corporate office such as
life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, and leave of absence.
• Identify qualified applicants through recruiting measures such as job fairs and web and
newspaper based advertising, conduct screening interviews, verify references, employment
records, and maintain applicant tracking log to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Assist with investigating accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.