Home Depot CB INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE-1ST SHIFT- Carlisle, PA (102910) in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
CB INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE-1ST SHIFT- Carlisle, PA (102910)
PA - Carlisle
Date Posted:Oct 18, 2016
Company:The Home Depot
Directs inventory planning and control activities. Responsible for all inventory planning and control functions, often includ ing multiple facilities. Responsible for all or most of the following: inventory planning, master scheduling, materials handling, inventory turnover, customer service levels, stocking decisions, forecasting, and the administrative controls at all distribu tion facilities. Usually supervises other managers/supervisors and professional inventory planning and control staff at one or more location(s).
Responsible for receiving product from vendors for quality control, maintaining the daily schedule of audits, managing inventory reports and help ensure the overall accuracy of the warehouse inventory.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Records all adjustments, pallet audits, discrepancies and warehouse pulling discrepancies and reports them weekly.
• Reviews cycle counts.
• Tracks discrepancies.
• Assists in maintaining 100% inventory accuracy.
• Receives products from vendors to check for quality.
• Communicates potential quality issues to buyers.
• Maintains quality control manuals.
• Maintains inventory control manuals
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
18 years or older
Must pass the Drug Test
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2 Years
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES - Certification may be required in some areas.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS –
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate to heavy weight (8 - 40 pounds).
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS –
• Experience in purchasing and/ or inventory field.
• Ability to lift loads up to 100lbs with assistance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.