The Mosaic Company Summer Intern- Mining Engineer in Carlsbad, New Mexico
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Mining Engineer Co-Op/Intern
A Mining Engineer Co-Op/Intern at Mosaic will be assigned to assisting with special project design and management. Projects will focus on improving facility efficiency and final product quality.
What will you do?
Day to day duties will include:
- Assisting management in optimizing production, reviewing cost opportunities, and mine planning
- Assisting reclamation projects and dam construction
- Assisting with development of capital projects
- Investigating production problems and formulating solutions
- Monitoring project performance to assure reaching project timelines and goals
- Communicate with various levels of personnel throughout the organization, including management, plant operators, engineers (of various disciplines), lab personnel, and contractors.
- Participation in department meetings and meetings specific to the project assignment
- Adhering to Mosaic’s mission, guiding principles and priorities, and key competencies
What do you need for this role?
- Sophomore level or higher pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Ability to function in an industrial chemical and mining environment
- 1-2 years’ of experience volunteering, working with student/school organizations, or work is required
- Previous internship or co-op experience is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and implement learned process, procedures or software
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization and external customers, suppliers and vendors
- Maintain a clean work environment and comply with all safety and environmental policies
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials
- Able to hear, with or without correction
- Able to read, write and understand basic English
- Able to see, with or without correction
- Able to travel unassisted
- Able to use fine hand motor skills
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following: Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs! - Apply today and join our team!
Requisition ID: 19551