G6 Hospitality Billing Supervisor in CARROLLTON, Texas
TX - CARROLLTON
Accounting & Finance
First Open Date:
The Billing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the billing of both franchisees and Corporate Plus customers. They will undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues. The Billing Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the daily/monthly billing of CPDB and franchisees, customer phone calls/questions, month end close process including statements to customers and franchisees, and applicable scanning/filing. Responsibilities also include account analysis, research and special projects as needed.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
– Supervise all aspects of the Billing Team members including all billings, employment decisions, team and individual goals,
performance appraisals, and staff development. 5 people total on team.
– Understand revenue recognition and be prepared for changes if needed in 2016
– Provide solutions to billing problems and handle adjustments to correct
– Create SOPs for all billings
– Direct and re-assign the priority of daily workload, as needed, to meet company objectives
– Proactively review processes and procedures to identify efficiencies and cost reduction opportunities
– Define, establish and monitor the internal controls needed to meet company objectives of accurate and timely billing and company services delivery goals.
– Review franchisee contracts to manage accurate billing rates, create process for managing rate changes and future billings
– Provide assistance to the AR Manager while working closely together to support the overall department including enhancements, strategic planning, implementations and special projects
– Identify, assess and resolve issues related to the billing team and departmental responsibilities
– Monitor and support coverage for staff time off and other overflow as needed.
– Address inquiries and concerns thoroughly and timely, while communicating effectively with team
– Responsible for executing departmental objectives under the direction of the AR Manager
– Monitor write-offs with the objective of minimizing these losses
– Meet accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements
– Review and monitor special billing requests to insure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures. Establish policies and procedures if none exist.
– Provide internal support to other departments regarding billings
– Interface professionally and maintain processes with other departments.
– Develop, maintain and monitor all billing procedures
– Assist in weekly/monthly close process and adhere to weekly/monthly deadlines
– Develop familiarity with Company financial strategic plan and budget in assigned area in order to identify issues and initiate recommendations to align area activities with Company strategy
– Assist management with special reports and projects as needed
– Research and respond to billing inquiries from locations and corporate management. Communicate findings to appropriate department or agency in a timely manner
– Recommend system improvements to increase accounting accuracy and timeliness
• Job Requirements:
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Ability to build a team environment through supporting and mentoring staff to best support the organizational needs and their professional development
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Verbal and written communication skills
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Strong problem solving skills
– Ability to work as an effective team member in a results-oriented, energetic fashion
– Work within the appropriate level of independence- research and work with minimal guidance and oversight
– Function in a fast-paced environment
– Strong technical aptitude
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
– Desired understanding of all aspects of billing
– Experience – A minimum of five (5) years prior experience in accounts receivable or billing
– Strong ability to lead, motivate and mentor staff personnel, while addressing concerns and resolving conflict.
– Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) accounting technology is preferred
– Experience with Microsoft Excel is required
– Desired understanding of financial statements and transactional impact upon financial statements
– Ability to Track project work and bring items to completion with management approval
– Handle multiple projects and assignments in addition to daily activity
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other employees
– Comfortable dealing with customers and franchisees, having detailed knowledge of their bills
– High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
– Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of company personnel in a “team” manner
– Basic understanding of revenue recognition concepts.