G6 Hospitality Director, Program Management Office in CARROLLTON, Texas
Director, Program Management Office
TX - CARROLLTON
First Open Date:
The primary function of this role (“PMO Director”) is to mentor, lead, advise and govern the Program Management Office Team (“PMO Team”).
This technical leadership role guides the definition of strategy, architecture, requirements analysis, design, and project management for individual projects and longer-term roadmaps. The PMO Director achieves these results by interacting directly and frequently with business, technology, and vendor stakeholders – plus members of the PMO Team
This leader must demonstrate the ability to inspire consistently high-quality work from his or her team and drive a healthy cadence that delivers value to business teams. This position requires the ability to step into any domain and orchestrate the project and team utilizing G6’s standard methodology -- from project idealization to project deployment. This leader must have the passion and acumen to learn a new set of tools and then evolve them to best meet G6 Hospitality’s needs.
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
– IT Project Management:
• Champion the G6 Project Methodology throughout the enterprise
• Mentor and train all employees on UML, Agile, Excel based templates that support the G6 Project Methodology
• Ensure Project Artifacts are of consistently high quality and relevance
• Create and re-use templates within and across projects, leveraging enterprise tools and existing investments
• Apprise senior IT management of project status, issues and concerns
• Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, information technology and outside vendors
• Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to executives, business sponsors, technical resources, vendors, and project team members in clear, concise language targeted to the specific audience
• Coordinate changes of considerable consequences to the scope and schedule of the project
• Support project initiatives, including identifying and analyzing preliminary business needs, budget considerations, time and resource estimates
• Lead and coordinate project update meetings, and document project status and issues
• Actively pursue issue resolution, and communicate project status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management
• Continually monitor individual progress to insure meeting of specific deadlines
• Establishes and maintains a high performing team through effective hiring, active coaching and promoting Team Member development
• Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
• Provide team with the authority to make decisions and deliver the results required
• Performs all related staff management responsibilities (including performance management)
• Effectively handles healthy conflict throughout project teams
– Budget Management:
• Oversee the capital expense budgeting process within IT.
• Participate in departmental strategic and budgetary planning processes
• Prepare and administer work unit operating budget
– All other duties as needed or required
• Job Requirements:
– Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills.
– Ability to adapt to new project methodologies
– Ability to "own the room" by facilitating structured workshop sessions and creating supporting presentation materials
– Commitment to quality work and project results
– Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
– Ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other Team Members, and/or other business necessities
– Direct experience with use case analysis and requirements analysis
– Knowledge of business process analysis, optimization and modeling.
– Exposure to the full project life cycle, including ROI/feasibility analysis, project planning, general design, system testing, and production support
– Strong skills in understanding complex technical architecture, system interfaces and enterprise application integration concepts
– Experience with Java and/or .Net development
– Knowledge of hardware and database technologies
– Applications design and modeling using an Object Oriented (OO) and Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) approach
– Expertise with UML and visual modeling tools like Enterprise Architect
– Expertise in relational database modeling using tools like Erwin
– Proficiency in the following software:
– Microsoft Office Suite
– Sparx (Enterprise Architect) EA modeling tool
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
• Strong working knowledge UML and other modeling methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of individuals both internally and externally.
• Minimum of 5+ years in Managing Software Development Projects