Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies General Clerk II in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
General Clerk II
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
GENERAL CLERK 2
Cost Center: 46500
The General Clerk II position requires familiarity with the terminology of the office unit. The General Clerk selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides
and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement at this location.
Essential functions will include:
• Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must be motivated to perform other duties as assigned.\
Education and Experience will include:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one-three (1-3) years’ experience in the position applied for (referenced above).
• Must have a good working knowledgeable of Army regulations; systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and gain access to military installations.
• Experience working at Letterkenny Army Depot highly desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general computer knowledge. Working knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software, word processing software and MS Office Suite is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is:
• Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, move, manipulate or feel objects; talk and/or hear and taste and/or smell.
• Frequently required to stand and/or walk and routinely required to reach with hands and arms.
• Routinely required to stand, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or squat.
• Frequently lifts and /or moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
• Often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling and positioning parts assemblies and equipment.
• Frequently lifts and moves heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks hoists and cranes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of the minimum standards an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions. Grooming and dress code will be in keeping with Company and customer’s standards. The work environment varies and includes, but is not limited to; office space, equipment rooms, warehouse space, construction zones, field conditions, and
outdoor environments. Work hours may fluctuate outside of normal duty hours. Travel is not anticipated for this position. If travel is required, candidate must have a valid driver’s license and three (3) years’ clean driving record for this position. Employee
must complete required driver’s training and follow all Authorized Driver policies and procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41