Strata Solar Power Plant Maintenance Technician- Wilson, NC in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Power Plant Maintenance Technician- Wilson, NC
Title:Power Plant Maintenance Technician- Wilson, NC
Department:Operations & Maintenance
Strata Solar is seeking a Power Plant Maintenance Technician to join our Operations and Maintenance team.
Strata Solar is a leading developer, builder, owner, and operator of commercial and utility-scale solar farms; ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We’re leading the south in sustainable energy careers. We hope you’ll join us.
The Power Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the performance all PV plant maintenance operations, to include but not limited to testing, maintenance, and repair of all major and balance-of- system components utilized in PV power generation. This individual will receive comprehensive on-the- job, classroom-based, and online training pertaining to all aspects of PV fundamentals, installation, testing, maintenance, and repair of small commercial and utility-scale PV systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all peers and subcontractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and company safety policies and procedures in the performance of regional plant maintenance activities.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities in the assigned region with the objective of optimizing plant performance and plant operating efficiency.
• Complete and submit all assigned inspection and testing data as required.
• Perform acceptance inspections on newly assigned power generation plants in the assigned region.
• Assist with interdepartmental maintenance operations as needed.
• The Power Plant Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Power Plant Maintenance Supervisor.
• The Plant Maintenance Technician has no direct reports unless assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum one (1) year experience working with AC or DC systems in a capacity that may include design, installation, operation, maintenance or any combination thereof.
• Ability to demonstrate basic working knowledge of PV power generating system fundamentals.
• Ability to demonstrate aptitude for learning and understanding operation of various testing equipment, tools and procedures utilized in the maintenance of PV power generation systems.
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with fellow plant maintenance technicians, interdepartmental technicians and other personnel, vendors, and subcontractors in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications to include but not limited to MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to operate in a manner consistent with the organization’s policies, procedures and vision.
• Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with peers, immediate supervisor and other contacts both within and outside of the organization.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to travel occasionally to remote project sites.
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for the entire duration of a shift.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
• Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs overhead repeatedly.
• 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction and ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to wear full compliment of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) ar required.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions of this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of job responsibilities.