Strata Solar Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician, VA in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician, VA
Title:Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician, VA
Department:Operations & Maintenance
Strata Solar is seeking a Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our Operations and Maintenance team.
Strata Solar is a leading developer, builder, owner, and operator of commercial and utility-scale solar farms; ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We’re leading the south in sustainable energy careers. We hope you’ll join us.
The Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician will work within a team to perform various required facilities maintenance activities on numerous solar power generation plants throughout the assigned region. While the primary focus will be the maintenance of ground cover and vegetative buffers, the Solar Facilities Technician will also assist in the maintenance and repair of various power generation components as necessary. This individual will receive comprehensive on-the-job and classroom-based training pertaining site maintenance and safe work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all co-workers and contractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and company safety policies and procedures during the performance of facilities management activities.
• Conduct on-site scheduled vegetation maintenance and abatement on solar power generation plants.
• Conduct routine maintenance and repair of vegetation management equipment including, but not limited to mowers, tractors, string-trimmers, hedge trimmers, rotary cutters, other tractor implements, and hand tools.
• Ensure that assigned vehicle, tooling, electrical devices, software, and company property are maintained and accounted for.
• Assist with interdepartmental maintenance activities as needed.
• The Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor in the assigned region.
• The Solar Facilities Maintenance Technician has no direct reports unless assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Clear understanding of safe work place practices and procedure.
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal oversight.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours, and weekends.
• Ability to operate in a manner consistent with organizational policies, procedures, and vision.
• Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with peers, supervisor, and all other individuals both within and outside of the organization.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Work is to be performed in the field and occasionally in the field office.
• Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required- including, but not limited to hard hat, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
• Must have the ability to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, or walk short distances for 8-10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions of this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of job responsibilities.