HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Echo Technologist PRN in Charleston, South Carolina
/Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospitals breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties./
The Echo technologist shall be responsible for performing 2D/M-Mode, Doppler, Stress Echocardiograms, and Transesophogeal Echocardiograms including processing all orders and reports.
This position will also be responsible for assisting in performing other duties in the diagnostic cardiology department (Special Testing) such as performing EKGs, Holter Monitoring, and Stress Testing.
Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
- Registered or eligible for credentialing as an Echocardiographer (must obtain registration within 3 months of employment), BLS-Healthcare provider.
- Associate Degree in sonography specializing in cardiology preferred.
• Experience in performing all modes of Echocardiography and Vascular studies.
• Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
• Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
D. Special qualifications:
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Strong organizational and problem solving skills
/* Degree of Supervision Required:*/
Involves general guidance and direction by Coordinator / Department Manager. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Title: Echo Technologist PRN
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-17053