Ally Financial Audit Intern in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 1, 2016
Your internship with Ally will move you from Educated to Experienced; connecting you with diverse teams and functions across the country. You will have the opportunity to interact with Ally's leadership and learn from their personal successes. The Ally internship program seeks to guide and mentor students with development opportunities designed to provide a bridge between the academic world and the world of business.
Ally's internship program offers the following components:
- Market competitive compensation
- Formal company orientation and training
- Executive speaking series
- Experienced mentors
- Hands on experience
- Project based work
- Leadership and career development
- Networking opportunities
An internship in Audit Services will expose you to all aspects of the function including fieldwork, an understanding of the audit methodology, and analyzing business processes and internal controls. Prior summer projects for Audit Services interns have included a review of continuous monitoring activities and data governance.
- Attend formal company orientation and training
- Participate in executive speaking series
- Have hands on experience in area of study; as well as participate in project based work
- Communicate regularly with mentors
- Lead an end of assignment presentation
- Demonstrates a background and/or strong interest in the Financial Services industry.
- A rising Junior or Senior in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Strong candidates will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for the financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should reside in a commutable distance from the Ally location to which they are assigned.
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Audit Services contributes to Ally's success by providing stakeholders with timely, relevant and objective enterprise-level perspectives and assurance regarding, the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control. Audit teams are organized to support Ally's major business units and corporate functions and operate in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework of the Institution of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6053
POSITION LEVEL: Intern
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)