Ally Financial Director of Security Architecture in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 19, 2016
This position is responsible for IT security strategy, and architecture across the enterprise. Reporting to the Director of Innovation, Strategy, and Resiliency, the Director is responsible for communicating and maintaining the company-wide information security strategy and architectural direction for Ally. The Director will be tasked with addressing the business objectives of the organization against the inherent security threat and risk profiles applicable to Ally business units.
- Develop, maintain and update the overarching security strategy and supporting architectural requirements to align with business objectives considering key threats and technology trends;
- Provide guidance and advocacy regarding prioritization of investment and implementation associated with security strategy;
- Drive the creation of reusable security patterns to allow project teams a library of acceptable solutions to build their offerings;
- Respond to business requests on supporting security related initiatives with knowledgeable, customer-focused team;
- Promote security culture and drive continuous security improvements;
- Manage a staff of information security professionals, hire and train new staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide leadership and coaching, including technical and personal development for team members;
- Work with the management to develop budget projections based on short and long term goals and objectives.
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security, in roles with progressively larger scope and leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or relevant field of study;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to achieve a common goal
- The ability to build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, including legal, audit, compliance and the enterprise IT organization
- Strategic thinker who can demonstrate an understanding of business imperatives, and articulate likelihoods and possibilities within their scope of responsibility.
- A strong operational understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies and policies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project and application development teams, management and business personnel; in-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls; an excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- A strong attention to detail
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Information Protection and Risk Management (IPRM) is responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management. IPRM is led by the Chief Information Security Officer and focused on ensuring technology and information assets Ally relies on to run and manage the business are recoverable, secured and protected in compliance with various state, federal and international regulations and laws.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6223
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)