Ally Financial Director - Solution Architecture in Charlotte, North Carolina
Feb 29, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally's world-class IT organization supports an information technology driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the Best Online Bank (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise
Ally Financial is seeking a well-qualified individual for our Customer Information & Analytics (CIA) of Solution Architect role in Charlotte, NC. Serve as the lead architect and expert for Ally's MDM and big data platform architecture and business solutions. This individual will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for today's big data platforms, and will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal stakeholders to analyze and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving Ally's strategic business goals.
- The individual will provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of Big Data Information Management & Analytics solutions for Ally. They will demonstrate the understanding of concepts, best practices and functions to implement a Big Data stack in a regulated enterprise setting.
- Works closely with the Line of Business (LOB) Technology teams and the Executives within each Business Unit to ensure alignment of the enterprise architecture and data management strategies with the business strategies and goals. Ensures effective design and development of system architectures through embedded Enterprise Architects; employing effective governance methods for transparency and communication.
- Develops and gains Executive Management approval for the Ally current and future Big Data product sets consistent with the assumptions, priorities, and objectives of the organization's business plans.
- Broad based experience in deploying master data management solutions
- Establishes processes for monitoring the roadmaps of Technology's strategic vendors for internal adjustments to the architecture and data management processes, as needed. Identifies creative, technology-based opportunities to improve service, reduce costs, and increase revenues with business partners and vendors.
- Design and implement scalable Big Data architecture solutions for various application needs.
- Analyze multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
- Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams. Develop conceptual, logical and physical design for various data types and large volumes.
- Implement Big Data systems in alignment with enterprise architecture and infrastructure guidelines and standards.
- Implement security, encryption best practices for Big Data environments.
- Assist architects in the design and implementation of high performance systems with large volume data integration processes, database, storage and provisioning.
- Work closely with business users at a technical and user level, to design and produce solutions. Assist product management and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to product and solutions.
- MS / BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technology experts in various computing domains. BI, analytics, SOA, BPM, data warehousing, document management experience desired.
- Ability to create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, and continual improvement.
- Three plus years of relevant technology management experience in one of the leading Big Data Stacks, preferably in the Financial Services industry, in Enterprise Architecture and Data Management programs as well as managing senior level individuals, in a multi-line business environment.
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL platforms and technologies, specifically hands-on experience with one or more major Hadoop distributions and various ecosystem components (e.g. MapReduce, Hive, Impala, HBase Pig etc.).
- Experience with enterprise integration architectures and deployment of EIA middleware components (e.g., portal interfaces, workflow orchestration, integration with standard external identify management and fine-grain authorization interfaces).
- Experience designing and implementing large scale enterprise applications and data-centric platforms.
- Experience with cloud and platform services, including self-provisioning, dynamic resource allocation and usage metering.
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and Map-Reduce.
- Hands on experience in the design of successful very large business data analytics solutions. Ability to recognize and implement common data patterns and best practices.
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume mission critical transactional data integration solutions.
- Strong, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- Hadoop Certification from an established distribution vendor, such as Cloudera or MapR is a plus.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5253
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)