Ally Financial Financial Analyst II - Capital Markets in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 23, 2016
This position will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting financial performance and market activity that is used for management decision making. The analyst II is expected to collaborate across the Treasury, Risk, and Finance/Accounting teams to support the Portfolio Managers (PMs). In addition, the associate will be on call to support ad hoc requests for PMs and traders.
- Provide financial result summaries and recommendations to drive managerial decision-making.
- Supports Capital Markets reporting such as daily P&L; and balance sheet reports.
- Work with business partners to develop and modify forecasts.
- Support traders with appropriate analytics (on call).
- Manage resolutions of technical problems.
- Analyze and improve processes by partnering with Information Technology team.
- Standardize and improve existing processes
- Become the key liaison between front office and support partners.
- Maintain flexibility and adapt to a quickly changing landscape and ad hoc requests.
- BS/BBA degree in Business, Economics, Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years previous work experience in a market-based or quantitative field
- In depth Microsoft Excel experience and programing experience preferred
- Proven track record of influencing decisions with analytics and financial models
- Attention to detail balanced with knowing the right altitude necessary to deliver on requirements
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization and to operate in ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
The Capital Markets Group manages the interest rate risk for the businesses and enterprise-wide, as well as the company's investment securities portfolio, and optimizes total corporate returns.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6174
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)