Ally Financial IT Program Director in Charlotte, North Carolina
Feb 29, 2016
The Director will be responsible for delivering technology solutions aligning to the needs of the Business and/or Corporate Functions. They will serve as a Lead under the guidance of the Sr. IT Director, and will be responsible for managing key IT resources including possibly: employees, contractors, and suppliers to deliver key business functionality. They are accountable to deliver solutions on schedule and budget while meeting key business requirements.
- Collaborates closely with the business to analyze the current state of processes and systems, then use that information, along with business strategies to formulate a future state process and system design
- Directly accountable for the business analysis, requirements elicitation and process design.
- Provides direction and oversight to project teams to design, develop, deploy and sustain solutions that meet applicable business requirements.
- Responsible for a set of projects and/or releases including deliverables, cost, schedule, quality and status reporting.
- Allocates and directs resources to accomplish tasks, and maintains control of schedule(s) and deliverable quality.
- Responsible for resolving issues and mitigating risks, escalating issues/risks when appropriate.
- Manages teams, which may include Ally employee and/or vendor team members, informs the team of its progress; leads/develops Ally staff members.
- Acts as team's interface to IT and Business Partners; develops/maintains strong relationship with vendor teams and vendor management.
- BS and 10+ years of work technology experience or equivalent work experience
- Ability to influence change across a matrix organization and collaborate with business and technology teams to deliver solutions
- Ability to manage outsourced development
- Customer Focus -- proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Consulting/Problem Solving -- ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical and business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Systems Delivery -- extensive experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Technical Project Management -- expertise in project management including project planning and estimating, project budgeting, staffing, change control, and status reporting
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5278
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)