Ally Financial Operations & Development Director in Charlotte, North Carolina
Oct 17, 2016
This position is responsible for managing development for supporting the Ally contact center organization with specific responsibility for managing development for several key applications and partnering with various other technology teams supporting the contact center to understand roadmap, risks, and opportunities. Associate will be responsible for assisting in setting the short term and long term technology strategy in support of the contact center organization to account for emerging trends in the channel and evolution of the Ally suite of products and services.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the Ally contact center channel, including applications, infrastructure, telephony, networking, architectural connect points.
- Lead the development team assigned to your application(s). Set priorities. Monitor progress. Resolve issues. Motivate your team to deliver successful projects/releases. Break down barriers to their success. Motivate the development team to deliver successful projects/releases.
- Become a subject matter expert in the Ally contact center channel, including applications, infrastructure, networking, architectural connect points.
- Manage the application pipeline for maintenance, enhancement, and support. Work with team in the efforts to formulate the appropriate scope/releases/bundles to meet the business goals. Assist the business in understanding the options, costs and timing tradeoffs of potential decisions.
- Assist business and technology leadership in understanding the options, costs and timing tradeoffs for potential decisions.
- Develop and maintain executable project timelines, resource plans, and cost estimates for all projects/releases.
- Partner with the business leads to match application requirements/changes with business goals by understanding the business need and defining how we can best satisfy the business need via the application(s) at the lowest cost but within the long term strategy/goals of Ally.
- Ensure that detail design documentation is competed, reviewed and approved for all development initiatives.
- Conduct code review sessions to ensure quality and performance and oversee thorough and effective component integration testing for application changes.
- Support the system integration and user acceptance testing phases. Provide timely defect analysis, remediation, and reporting.
- Review security testing reports/results and remediate potential vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies or trends that could impact the contact center channel.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with other development managers and technology partners.
- BS and 8+ years or equivalent experience within the Information Technology field, possessing a broad range of technical knowledge with detailed knowledge for supporting Contact Centers.
- Subject matter expertise of contact center infrastructure, telephony, networking, architectural connect points.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Java/Cloud based developed applications and OpenSpan or similar .NET developed applications.
- Working knowledge contact center infrastructure, networking, architectural connect points.
- Excellent stakeholder management abilities; competent in dealing with application team leaders, vendors, partners etc.
- Familiarity with development life cycles and an exposure to current software development methodology approaches.
- Experience in leading diverse and global teams of highly motivated IT professionals.
- Strong analytical, presentation, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in project facilitation including project planning and estimation, budgeting, staffing, project control techniques, and status reporting.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6341
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)