Ally Financial Project Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
Apr 14, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's world-class IT organization supports an information technology driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the Best Online Bank (Money Magazine, 2011 - 2015) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise
The Project Analyst will play a pivotal role in Treasury IT related efforts. Projects under this program are transforming treasury operations to support new business opportunities and streamlining process to better support Ally's objectives. The Project Analyst assists the Treasury IT Program Director and Project Managers in managing program logistics, creating program deliverables and lead project meetings with the business. This can include creating project artifacts, creating purchase requests, creating and managing program/project schedules, tracking and managing program actual and forecast costs (external & internal), maintaining resource planning/tracking spreadsheets and tools, scheduling program meetings, gathering and creating materials for program meetings, facilitating and leading business and technical meetings (e.g. status update, steering committee, vendor updates) supporting resource onboarding, creating program status reports, identifying, documenting and tracking risks and issues to close, and other areas of support for the program.
- Communicates, tracks, and reports progress of the program/project to the group and team leaders.
- Work is assigned and general instructions given for routine work; more detailed instruction is provided for new projects.
- Applies knowledge of company policies and standard practices to resolve problems. Analyzes issues and uses judgment to make decision.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools in relation to tracking progress and reporting project status results
- Understands the Impact of Customer Satisfaction. Values the importance of customer satisfaction and understands how actions impact customer satisfaction. Gauges how quality, reliability and timeliness affect the customer's work/issues and their perception of Ally Financial.
- Written and verbal communications are coherent and accurate (e.g., correctly states issues and actions). Communicates frequently with the customer about the status of projects and leads meetings when necessary
- Values others' input and expertise and is willing to learn from others. Promotes team cooperation and supports team decisions even if different from own views.
- Applies new technical approaches to best resolve customer problems. Keeps current with new approaches in the field (e.g., via classes, reading, working with experts).
- Considers cost of various business actions or alternatives in determining customer solutions. Understands the customers of the IT organization and demonstrates a clear commitment to their satisfaction.
- Understands how to work flexibly within organizational policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities or problems and acts quickly and decisively to respond to the situation. Takes the lead in gathering necessary data to improve unit performance or solve problems.
- Actively seeks feedback in order to improve his/her performance. Seeks out information and expertise from individuals in other function groups who have more experience and expertise
- Very organized, detail oriented
- Always follow-through and follow-up on actions and commitments
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in IT or Business
- Project management or project analyst/program coordinator experience preferred
- Customer Focus - proven track record of customer satisfaction, delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of program/project management methodologies, system development life cycle preferred
- Experience with MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with Clarity preferred
- Ability to multi-task, works independently, and come up with creative solutions to problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with employee and external partner resources, both on-shore and off-shore
- Able to work on multiple work teams and prioritize efforts based on program objectives and timeline
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5495
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)