Ally Financial Senior Business Process Consultant in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 21, 2016
The Senior Business Process Consultant role is responsible for supporting the Information Management team within Enterprise Analytics. The role's primary functions are to ensure that the Deposit Analytic team has all the required data needed for analysis and to ensure the quality of the data is Analytic Ready. The individual will implement and maintain Data & Reporting strategies. The ideal candidate should have a strong focus on attention to detail, experience with relational databases/structures and data analysis. Must have a proactive approach to problem-solving (out of the box thinking) and process improvements.
- Preparing, facilitating, documenting and participating in Business Partner meetings/workshops
- Conducting structured gathering, research and analysis. Developing and evaluating procedures, controls, user requirements and functional specifications to identify gaps between current state and future state
- Ensuring business requirement documents (BRD's) include ability to support current use cases/functional specifications and include ability(s) to be able to accommodate future enhancements with minimal impact.
- Requirements gathering, functional requirements, user stories and documenting business/data/application/technology architectures, requirements and business rules
- Business process models/design, logical data models, standards and guidance
- Analyzing, developing and proposing enhancements to current business processes, reports and applications in order to optimize system effectiveness
Conducting Business Partner interviews and producing meeting summaries
Producing high-quality verbal and written consulting deliverables (including proposals, Business Partner presentations, consulting reports) to effectively communicate project findings
Generating re-usable intellectual capital in the form of consulting methodology and templates, blueprints and business cases
- Strong business acumen, with ability to draw clear connections between data modeling activities and business challenges/opportunities.
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient in the face of change, as well as resourceful during periods of high workload demands.
- Doubling up as QA when needed
- Bachelor's degree required with a major in MIS, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Business or Financial Engineering preferred. (An advanced degree is desirable)
- Self-motivated and capable of delivering results with minimal ongoing direction.
- Background in a financial services institution / consultancy with financial services clients
- Requires the ability to manage multiple data projects simultaneously and will entail hands-on data mining from multiple systems across the enterprise to fulfill information requests
- Solid Business Analyst skills, including experience interviewing business partners & analysts to gather and document business requirements and process mapping
- Sharp data management and analytical skills, program and project management skills, as well as collaboration, teamwork and diplomacy
- Exceptional problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues and hypotheses, and the structuring and execution of robust quantitative analyses to answer business questions
- 2+ years' experience in relevant business domains, including business intelligence tools, techniques and technology or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions.
- SQL and Excel expertise
- SAS knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization; experience with manipulating complex data to create business insights
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer care. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. and member FDIC, the bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Ally Bank was named "Best Online Bank" for the 5th consecutive year since 2011 by MONEY® Magazine.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6227
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)