Ally Financial Senior Underwriter in Charlotte, North Carolina
Oct 18, 2016
The Senior Underwriter will underwrite residential loans ensuring compliance with lender and investor standards.
- Review, analyze and make final determination on loan submissions using manual underwriting guidelines as well as validating Automated Underwriting recommendations (DU; /LP);
- Provide guidance through a second look review for all denial recommendations
- Lending Authority Limit: $1,000,000
- Underwrite special programs as determined by lending authority set by Underwriting Management;
- Work with clients and team members to identify potential solutions/alternatives for difficult/denied loan files;
- Communicate with internal and external clients to ensure high quality loan decisions are made.
- Research and respond to Underwriting Manager on loans requiring additional escalation and review and ability to summarize issues, concerns and recommendations;
- Effectively prepare exception requests as needed;
- Proactively addresses underwriting submission deficiencies;
- Review and maintain guidelines to stay up-to-date with all requirements;
- College degree preferred. Minimum High School diploma, or equivalent, required. Courses in real estate/mortgage banking helpful;
- Minimum of 5-7 years underwriting with 3-5 years of experience with Jumbo Conforming required;
- Ability to handle secure and private information;
- Technical experience necessary: Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Underwriting software and systems;
- Ability to stay current with regulatory and industry changes;
- Excellent customer service skills and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of TRID requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a constantly changing environment;
- Ability to be a creative and innovative problem solver
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer care. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. and member FDIC, the bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Ally Bank was named "Best Online Bank" for the 5th consecutive year since 2011 by MONEY® Magazine.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6340
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)