Ally Financial Sr. Analyst DMIS in Charlotte, North Carolina
Sep 21, 2016
The Data Management and Information Sr. Analyst role is responsible for supporting the Information Management team within Enterprise Analytics. The role's function is to implement and maintain Data & Reporting strategies. The ideal candidate should have a strong focus on attention to detail, experience with relational databases/structures and data analysis, and have a proactive approach to problem-solving (out of the box thinking) and process improvements.
- Extract, load, and reconcile large amounts of data across multiple system platforms and sources.
- Development of standardized data and reporting processes in order to make data analytic ready.
- Development, maintenance and automation of data acquisition and integrity
- Review data to determine operational impacts and needed actions; elevate issues, trends, areas for improvement and opportunities to management
- Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation on execution processes
- Maintain an active pulse on the market place of emerging practices and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated and capable of delivering results with minimal ongoing direction
- 3-5+ years of related Data Management experience, including data warehouse/mart, coding or ETL and Automation
3-5+ years of experience in the following
- Shell Scripting
- 2+ years of experience in the following
- Base SAS (with Batch SAS emphasis)
- Enterprise Guide
- SAS Macros
- SAS Visual Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Knowledge and Exposure to "Big Data" concepts with a continued interest to learn more
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer care. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. and member FDIC, the bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Ally Bank was named "Best Online Bank" for the 5th consecutive year since 2011 by MONEY® Magazine.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6229
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)