Ally Financial Web Analyst -- Customer and Channel Analytics in Charlotte, North Carolina
Apr 20, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer service. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc., the Bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Member FDIC. The Bank was named 'Best Online Bank' 2011, 2012 and 2013, by MONEY® Magazine.
Analyst, Deposit, Customer & Channel Analytics will be responsible for producing meaningful analyses in support of the Ally brands, including Ally Bank, Ally Auto, and Ally Dealer. This position requires the ability to be both hands-on with raw data as well as interacting with various business partners.
- Strong emphasis on understanding customer interactions across all channels with a focus on the online/web channel, helping to deliver the best in class customer experience while delivering profitable results.
- Help define and recommend measurements, strategies, and reporting using data to drive valuable business decisions.
- Will work closely with Marketing, Product, eCommerce, Finance, and other business partners on problem definition and solution delivery for a variety of business problems including digital performance measurement, onsite optimization, offline customer behavior, AB test analysis, business case analysis and cost/benefit analysis.
- Help continue to design analytic data marts in support of various reporting, analysis and BI tool infrastructure.
- Develop an understanding of the customer experience across all lines of business websites, acting as a liaison between IT, Marketing, and eCommerce teams to help enhance tagging, reporting, and analytical DataMart's in order to generate meaningful analysis about that experience.
- 3+ years of experience of data mining and analysis in financial services or related field
- Strong knowledge of SAS and/or SQL
- Strong background in relational databases and data management concepts
- Understanding of website and customer data with experience using Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data into clear action oriented recommendations for the business.
- Comfort level with ambiguity and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to communicate analytical insights clearly and concisely to individuals from diverse backgrounds
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5512
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: North Carolina (Charlotte)