Allergan Medical Science Liaison -Gastrointestinal (GI) Central/MidWest in Chicago, Illinois
Medical Science Liaison -Gastrointestinal (GI) Central/MidWest
Chicago, Illinois, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/7/other-jobs-matching/location-only
▾ ▸ 4 additional locations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States St. Louis, Missouri, United States Kansas City, Kansas, United States Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Oct 11, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Oursuccess is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Join our bold team! Learn more at www.Allergan.com at http://www.allergan.com/ .
We will consider a Texas based MSL for this position
Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Allergan initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas. Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Allergan. Works closely with other Allergan personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met
Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters
Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on Allergan products.
Upon request, present data on Allergan products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals.
Support research initiatives as requested by Allergan R&D, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs Departments.
Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned Allergan therapeutic areas for development of disease-state and product communications and materials that are medically accurate, balanced, and consistent with regulatory guidelines.
Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of scientific and clinical data.
Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
May provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets.
Education and Experience
· Advanced degree with health science background (Pharm.D, M.D., Ph.D, preferred)
· Preferred minimum 3 year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc) and minimum 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
· Experience in GI preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
· Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong presentation and teaching skills
· Ability to convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
· Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information
· Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information
· Ability to work independently and in a team structure
· Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment
· Ability to adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Ability to travel 50-60%
· Strong team and leadership skills