Citi Senior Compliance Officer - AML Advisory - Global Consumer Governance in Chicago, Illinois
Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Chicago
Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa; United States,New Jersey,Jersey City
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16069349
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Compliance Officer serves as a Senior Vice President (SVP) – AML Advisory and reports to the Global Consumer AML Governance Director within the Consumer Bank’s AML Advisory team. The SVP will be responsible for providing comprehensive analysis and management support for governance-led global processes and projects, typically cross lines of business in multiple regions. These include AML training plan management, AML metrics analysis and reporting, coordination of the Managers Control Assessment (MCA) program in AML Advisory, annual risk assessment process design and management in close partnership with the Corporate Compliance Group, and development and roll-out of compliance monitoring plans.
This role is tasked within a small team of AML advisers who collaborate on Citi's and the Consumer Bank's AML Program standards and processes.
This position will also work in close collaboration with AML Compliance Officers in all regions and GCB businesses, and will serve as a chief liaison with and partner to the Compliance, legal and technology functions that impact GCB AML program delivery.
Specific activities include:
Governance - Serve as the accountable lead on governance focused projects and coordinator of multiple forums (e.g. committees and senior meetings) within GCB across regions, ensuring AML Program standards are communicated, implemented and effective
• Metrics - Procure, organize and analyze AML metrics and produce materials for presentation in regular global and regional AML governance committees and executive meetings; will own and develop a continuous qualitative and quantitative data reporting model; will create more automated process efficiencies
• Manage the implementation of the compliance monitoring approach for all GCB AML advisory areas
• Policy process - Develop AML compliance policies and procedures, and provide policy process guidance to Advisory colleagues and GCB business units; takes the lead on analyzing policy impact, identifying gaps and developing action plans to improve AML-related activities
• Training representation - Develop and manage the annual AML Advisory Training Plan in collaboration with regional Advisory colleagues, global training partners and SMEs, escalate delinquencies
• Report creation - Analyze data, prepare and present regional and global reports related to AML risk assessments, and monitoring of internal audits, examinations, AML-related issues and escalations
• Documentation - Monitor and maintain GCB Advisory records and materials in a dedicated repository
• Partnership development - Have and further develop a strong understanding of GCB products and services across lines of Business to recognize AML opportunities and build, leverage relationships within our overall Compliance organization and the Businesses
• Regulatory communication – Understand, monitor and present key news and data regarding the AML legal and regulatory environment through various methods to provide up-to-date knowledge and expertise on the legal and regulatory environment relevant to AML compliance and the Global Consumer Bank
• Bachelors Degree required, advanced degree (JD, MBA) desirable
• 7+ years of experience in banking, fintech, regulatory, consulting, legal or other compliance and control-related function in the financial services industry
• Advanced skills in producing and analyzing, presenting reporting packages using data analytics and visualization software and business intelligence tools such as Spotfire
• Strong skills in use of MSOffice suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Advanced knowledge of AML regulations, risks and typologies
• Experience with and previous exposure to internal control functions and regulators within the US, and in particular banking and AML regulators
• Experience with a regulatory body a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills