Amtrak Station Manager I - 90202182 - Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Manage and direct all passenger and train-related activities involving station operations, ensuring an efficient, passenger-focused and well organized operation in compliance with Amtrak, and regulatory policies and procedures. Manage employees involved in providing service to passengers including: boarding of trains, red cap and checked baggage, ticketing, dissemination of passenger information including operation of passenger information systems, assisting disabled passengers, cleaning and maintenance of station facilities. Ensure safe and efficient station operations, optimizing employee contribution, passenger service, and on time performance while providing appropriate level of leadership.
This position is accountable for all employee, passenger and train related activities in Chicago Union Station. Lead implementation of the Safe-2-Safer process.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in station operations, ticketing, mail baggage and express, building maintenance, service delivery, passenger handling, and TCU labor contracts.
• Some direct experience managing large, multiple-function, customer services operation.
• Direct experience leading a multi-faceted & diverse workforce serving a diverse clientele. Demonstrated ability to lead a successful passenger & occupational safety program. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment and to quickly re-focus attention to accommodate shifting train, service, and passenger priorities.
• Demonstrated leadership, supervisory, customer service, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
• Experience with Amtrak's business systems.
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience, education or training.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requisition ID: 24721
Posting Location(s): Illinois
Personnel Area: IL10
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Employment Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || On Board and Station Services