FleetPride Territory Sales Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Requires a thorough use of product and heavy duty trucks parts industry knowledge coupled with selling and application experience. Responsible for attaining company sales goals and budgets in the assigned territory through both retail and wholesale accounts. Have exceptional “hands on” sales leadership and training skills used to manage the Outside Sales Representatives in the assigned territory. Responsible for executing the Director of Retail Sales’s training and strategic sales plan though effective selling techniques. Work closely with the Branch, Area, and Regional Operations personnel in order to reach sales margin and profit goals.
- Accountable for prospecting, developing and closing sales with the branch sales personnel.
- Accountable for increasing market share, sales volume and gross profit goals in territory.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the customer base in the territory, including: current product offerings, FleetPride penetration, product substitutions, and competition.
- Coordinate with wholesale sales team, including working with the field sales in developing new accounts.
- Develop quotes/bids, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates for customers, as needed.
- Establish performance goals and manage the sales team in the territory. This includes, but is not limited to: new accounts; point-of-sale gross profit %; exclusive brand sales; full-line growth; promotion participation; Customer Relations Manager (CRM) order-input utilization; National Call Center (NCC) utilization; FPOnline (current user participation & new accounts); FleetCare existing member sales growth and new accounts.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing Outside Sales Representatives in assigned territory including, but not limited to hiring, disciplining, training, establishing account goals, etc.
- Assist sales representatives in resolving customer issues and relationship development
- Penetrate and expand current market through the introduction of new products and services to new and existing customers.
- Coordinate with FleetPride sales team to schedule presentations and training as needed for FPOnline/FleetCare.
- Ensure proper and consistent utilization of the CRM tool with management of customer accounts and entry of sales calls.
- Participate in customer calls with sales team members.
- Provide training to sales team, as needed.
- Support National Accounts by communicating all new customers to the sales team, review activity, and address issues as they arise.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key accounts in the territory through regular sales calls and business reviews.
- Maintain records and make routine reports on all sales activities.
- Provide a territory sales forecast on a regular basis.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations.
- Be responsive to customer needs and make sure sales team is fulfilling customer expectations.
- Communicate all promotions and objectives to the sales team and ensure consistent participation levels.
- Support vendor programs as directed by Sales & Marketing.
- Enhance management skills through development and training.
- Monitor measurable statistics for your territory, including, but not limited to: Territory sales; Territory sales in specific product areas; Territory customer count; Territory customer mix; Territory gross margin; Sales targeted to top 10 customers; Customer retention.
- Participate in various trade shows, product training seminars and industry association meetings.
Requisition Number:: 16-1046
Post Date:: 9/22/2016
Title:: Territory Sales Manager
Job Type:: Full Time