Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Nurse Case Manager - Primary Care - Multiple Locations in Chico, California
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Many vacancies in the following locations:
- Chico, CA
- Fairfield, CA
- Mare Island Naval Shipyard, CA
- Martinez, CA
- Mather AFB, CA More Locations (4)
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Friday 9/2/2016 (51 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 9/1/2017 (313 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1794213
* *VA Northern California Health Care System (VANCHCS) is an integrated health care delivery system, offering a comprehensive array of medical, surgical, rehabilitative, mental health and extended care to veterans in Northern California.
The city of Sacramento has evolved over recent years and features two large universities, a thriving riverfront area with harbor, a number of notable museums, top restaurants, jazz nightspots, impressive theaters, more than 100 parks, scenic trails by the American River Parkway, and some striking architecture, including the magnificent Sacramento State Capitol building.
The Bay Area offers a Mediterranean Climate, thriving Restaurant scene, LIVE Entertainment at numerous historic venues, stunning neighborhoods with views of the bay and large Redwood Parks and trails for bike/hike lovers. Oakland and Martinez share its bay with San Francisco, making it easy to travel between cities by ferries and/or a short 20-minute drive across the bridge. The famous rolling hills of Napa Valley are just a one-hour*drive away.*
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) RN Care Manager (RNCM) is a licensed professional RN who is assigned to a designated panel of patients within Primary Care. The PACT RNCM works in partnership with other team members, which includes the patient, to effectively and efficiently deliver and manage preventative, proactive, patientdriven care and chronic disease management and care needs. The RNCM demonstrates leadership in delivering efficient, comprehensive, and continuous patient-driven holistic care through active patient care, collaboration, communication, and coordination of resources.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not
authorized for this position.
The RNCM actively collaborates with the PACT team members (patient, provider, Medical Support Assistant (MSA), and LVN) and larger Team (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services) in supporting the patient centered, patient-driven holistic plan of care. The RN Care Manager uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to provide proactive, preventative and patient-driven care. As a member of the patient-aligned care team (PACT), the RN Care Manager is responsible for collaborating with services internal and external to the VA to facilitate and coordinate care transition in order to effectively and safely meet the patients' needs. The RNCM provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness, based on the patient's goals. The RNCM serves as an advocate for patients and actively engages with his/her team and colleagues as she/he continues to enhance his/her own and the team's professional growth, development and practice.
Any Part Time and Intermittent positions may be converted to a Full Time position without further competition.
Any Temporary positions may be converted to Permanent position without further competition.
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- English Language Proficiency required.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
*Grade Determinations: * The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; ORa Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; ORa Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Reference: *VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard.* **This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé.
What To Expect Next
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $60,761.00 to $155,324.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0610-00/00
Promotion Potential: 03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens and Current Federal Employees
Control Number: 449626900
Job Announcement Number: 612-16-AYA-1794213BU