Indian Health Service Physical Therapist (DE) in Chinle, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following locations:
- Chinle, AZ
- Pinon, AZ
- Red Mesa, AZ
- Crownpoint, NM
- Gallup, NM More Locations (1)
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 1/29/2016 (271 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (66 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-NJ-1611056-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Position/s are located at PHS Indian Hospitals and/or Clinics on the Navajo Reservation within Arizona and New Mexico. The purpose of these positions are to provide a wide variety of physical therapy services for patients having a wide range of complex pathologies such as burns, strokes, amputation, spinal cord injuries, micromuscular and musculosketal and other medical, surgical, and orthopedic pathologies. Positions/Incumbent report to a Chief Physical Therapist in each of the Hospitals or Clinics. Hospital are located at Chinle, Az., Crownpoint, Gallup and Shiprock, NM, and Clinics at Red Mesa, and Tsaile, Az. and Tohatchi, NM. This is an "open continuous" announcement to fill permanent position/s as vacancies occur in Physical Therapy Departments at the sites noted above. Issuance of certificates will not occur until 15 days after the 'opening date'.
- Provide direct patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Plan and carry out treatment, utilizing therapeutic exercise, massage and physical agents such as air, water, electricity, sound and radiant energy
- Develops and directs physical therapy activities for home care patients
- Maintains records and reports on patients
- Performs tests and measurements using manual and electrical means, interprets results
- Devise adaptations of equipment for specific needs of the patients
- Assists with educational programs in the hospital and community
- Participates in the Quality Assurance program of the Physical Therapy Department within accepted JCAHO standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Occasional Travel
- For meetings and training
- If travel and relocation expenses are approved and paid, employee will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement requires repayment of relocation/travel expenses/allowances
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- ### Qualifications
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Certificate of Eligibles will be issued from this announcement as vacancies occur for this position. Certificate issued after 15 days of opening. Degree that included or was supplemented by (1) a physical therapy curriculum approved by a recognized professional accrediting organization at the time the curriculum was completed and (2) the clinical affiliation requirements prescribed by the school. In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have specialized experience and/or directly related education in the amounts shown.
GS 9: 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS 7
GS 11: 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS 9
Applicantsmust possess and maintain a current, valid, physical therapy license in a state. If licensure is not maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal Service.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks:
Specialized Experience: Experience performing and being responsible for the treatment or prevention of physical disabilities or diseases in order that patients will derive the maximum benefits from the therapeutic activities in dealing with and rehabilitating from a wide range of complex pathologies such as burns, strokes, amputation, spinal cord injuries, musculoskeletal and other medical, surgical and orthopedic pathologies.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment incentive (may or may not) be authorized. Failure to fulfill service agreement requirements may result in repayment of incentive.
Relocation and travel expenses may be paid for some locations (Gallup, Red Mesa and Shiprock) which require a one year service agreement, failure to fulfill the service agreement will require repayment of the expenses.
Government housing may or may not be available.
Position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Position has promotion potential to GS 11 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "regulatory/administrative" approval. Promotion to the next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $48,968.00 to $77,019.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0633-09/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 428193600
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-NJ-1611057-DE