Convergys Associate Editor in Cincinnati, Ohio
JOB FUNCTION: Convergys editors ensure timely and accurate copyediting and developmental editing of printed and online course materials. The role includes copy and content editing to ensure that text deliverables are free from errors in grammar, punctuation, and style. It also includes thorough reviews/corrections for consistency in writing style, terminology, and graphics when there are multiple writers on a project. In addition, editors ensure that writers adhere to Convergys and/or client standards and guidelines, as well as to established development processes. They are also responsible for identifying voice talent and providing audio for integration in Web-based training.
• Review and edit printed and online courseware/materials prior to delivery to the client. Edit course and course-related materials, technical documentation/training materials, and reference information for clarity and consistency of tone and style.
• Apply Convergys and/or client style guide rules to printed and online materials. Assist with the creation/maintenance of Convergys and client style guides.
• Perform developmental reviews and consistency edits of courses in which multiple authors/writers contribute, making all content appear as if written by one author.
• Work with project teams early in the project life cycle to determine development and editing workflow for all materials, and then ensure adherence to the established processes.
• Assist writers in ensuring clarity of instructional content to India production teams. Promote overall good communication flow among team members globally.
• Act as an informal mentor to writers on writing/style issues. Establish and disseminate editorial best practices – for other editors and writers – by providing constant feedback.
• Correct and standardize content (format and writing styles) without changing the meaning of the content. Ensure that ideas within the content are thoroughly yet concisely developed.
• Ensure that all content maps to objectives and that assessment questions map to content.
• Communicate editorial standards via workshops, training sessions, style guide revisions, etc. Provide feedback in multiple formats/settings to teach writing/editing best practices on a regular basis.
• Support cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives by providing process documentation, responding to discussion forum topics, and developing biweekly presentations and newsletters.
• Strong knowledge of the English language and the correct usage of grammar.
• Ability to comprehend highly technical and complex information. Extensive PC literacy.
• Ability to find inconsistencies and inaccuracies in written material as well as in visual, audio, and graphics presentation.
• Excellent editing and functionality testing skills.
• Knowledge about working in project team environment and general developmental processes.
• Commitment to meeting deadlines. Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Four-year degree in a relevant field and 1–3 years of professional editing experience.
USA, Cincinnati, OH
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.