Convergys Financial Systems Senior Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Financial Systems Senior Manager
The Sr Manager Financial Systems is responsible for supporting all accounting areas and lead project related initiatives required to meet the changing needs of the organization
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Develop and manage implementation efforts on new approaches for resolution of problem areas in accounting department
• Develop, plan and manage implementation of projects in the accounting department
• Participate in the development of each aspect of the program resolving the most complex technical work problems. Solutions involve multiple applications of projects and require resolution of complex operational and integration issues
• Support the Manager, Functional Support and may work as project manager on medium scale projects and also with selected enhancements to financial systems
• Ensure business unit staff is provided with communication to support their operation and improve accountability for financial integrity
• Support the functioning of financial and other related systems and advises applications support staff as appropriate
• Provide guidance and expertise to accounting staff to troubleshoot problem areas
• Bachelor's Degree in related field from a four-year college or university with ten years of relevant experience (with two to four years of Progressive Management Experience) preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team
• Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen
- MUST have strong, advanced experience and knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials
Career Framework Role
Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units. Recommends operational objectives and develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives. Develops and administers performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Relocation assistance available.
USA, Cincinnati, OH
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.