Indian Health Service Clinical Cardiology Nurse in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Claremore, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Wednesday 10/12/2016 (13 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 11/1/2016 (7 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position serves as a Clinical Cardiology Nurse at the Claremore Indian Hospital, the purpose of this position is to serve as Specialty Role Cardiology Clinical Nurse providing specialized and comprehensive and professional nursing care to adults. This position will be supervised by the Supervisor Clinical Nurse (CNE).
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is also being announced under Announcement IHS-17-OK-1822846-DH, for those who want to be considered under Direct Hire. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
- Assist Cardiologist during scheduled Cardiology clinic days and prepare all records for patient visit, as well as scheduling follow-up appointments, coordinate patient care, obtaining records.
- Serve as point of contact for CIH discharging service, this includes working with pharmacy, cardiology and echo room to make appointments, obtain meds, and make echo appointments.
- Coordinate phone triage, screen telephone messages from patients and provides case management for the Cardiovascular Clinic.
- Review pending tests and routine lab results that may be required by the Cardiologist.
- Under protocol of a cardiologist, may perform graded exercise stress tests, stress echocardiograms, CTA, or exercise treadmill tests.
- Occasional Travel
- 1-5 Days Per Month
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Child Care Worker position, Childcare Worker Form is required.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Must submit copy of transcript. Applications will be considered incomplete without proof. AND Registration:**Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Must submit copy of Nursing license that includes expiration date. Applications will be considered incomplete without proof.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks:
GS-10: 1 year of specialized experience documenting cardiovascular patient education and utilizing education codes in an electronic health record, including patient education discussions as a chart review as well as ensuring patient/families have all necessary information for their related diagnosis and cardiovascular procedure(s). Alerting physicians of potential problems; plan and coordinate nursing care accordingly, which requires knowledge, interpretation and performance of cardiology tests (EKG, stress tests, echocardiogram, CTA, laboratory values), EKGs, holter monitor placement & interpretation; and starting IVs for cardiac stress testing. Cognizant of cardiac medications utilized during a cardiology test or prescribed by the attending cardiologist. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, November 01, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/, or contact LCDR Dodson Frank at (405) 951-3741.
A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position subject to alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Annual influenza vaccination is required,unless medically contraindicated
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Must submit Addendum to the OF-306 form with application. This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco
Salary Range: $59,734.00 to $73,882.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-10/10
Promotion Potential: 10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Control Number: 453203300
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1822402-ESEP/MP