Indian Health Service Medical Officer (OB/GYN) in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Claremore, OK
- Lawton, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Saturday 10/1/2016 (146 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 2/28/2017 (4 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position serves as a Medical Officer (Obstetrics and Gynecology) in one of two Indian Health Service Hospitals located in either Lawton or Claremore, Oklahoma. This position reports to the Clinical Director of the facility.
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire procedures (open to the public). Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-OK-1812206-DHA; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
*This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur.
*Your application will expire in 3 months from application date and you must reapply to keep your application active.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provides direct medical services including diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic services for Obstetrics and Gynecological inpatients and outpatients.
- Follows patients during prenatal care, performs deliveries, including forceps and cesarean sections, and provides post-partum follow-up care.
- Ensures appropriate medical records are maintained and updated.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families with multiple health problems and of different backgrounds.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses may be authorized and will be paid if approved. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Must possess and maintain a current valid unrestricted medical license.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Basic Requirements A-C: A.Doctorate Degree in Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).] Must submit official or unofficial copy of transcripts (official transcripts must be provided before EOD) showing doctorate degree conferred. If applicable, must supply ECFMG or fifth pathway certificate. AND B. Medical License: A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND C. Residency Certification: At least 4 years of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e., a 4-year internship or four years of a residency program in a Obstetric and Gynecological training program in an institution accredited for such training). Include only those internships, residencies, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Must submit copies of internship, residency, and/or fellowship certificates totaling four years. Applicants that are currently enrolled in their 4th year of internship, residency, or fellowship program and are within 9 months or less of graduation may be referred out. In this circumstance applicants must submit a letter from their internship, residency, or fellowship program stating they are in good standing and their expected graduation date. In addition to the requirements listed above you must meet the following qualifications at the grade level(s) you are applying to: The residency requirements listed above meet the requirements for the GS-14 grade level. To qualify for the GS-15 grade level: In addition to the residency requirements listed above, you must have at least one full year of specialized experience independently practicing as a Obstetric and Gynecological Physician providing comprehensive medical care to patients. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. For information on Foreign Education click here. http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/, or contact LCDR Dodson Frank at (405) 951-3741. Additional selections may be made on this vacancy announcement at anytime. A two-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement. Recruitment Incentives: Incentives may include a recruitment or relocation incentive up to 25% (subject to eligibility and approval) and Supplemental or National Student Loan Repayment incentives. Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
- May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $100,957.00 to $348,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0602-14/15
Promotion Potential: 15
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Control Number: 452253300
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-OK-1812204-ESEP/MP