Indian Health Service Nurse Midwife in Claremore, Oklahoma
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Claremore, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Wednesday 9/7/2016 (167 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 2/21/2017 (0 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
*This is an Open Until Filled job announcement. *The following cut-off dates will be used to issue a certificate of eligibles : 1st and 15th of every month, until the position has been filled. Please ensure applications are complete and required documents are submitted before the cut-off dates to receive full consideration.
This position serves a Nurse Midwife for the Claremore Indian Hospital, responsible for the full range of medical/nurse midwifery activities for women and infants, including assessment of patients, planning and evaluating the effectiveness of care, and modifying treatment. The position reports to the OB/GYN Chief of Staff.
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-OK-1791653-DHA for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provide women's health care with emphasis on the reproductive cycle.
- Plans and provides antepartum or prenatal health care, intrapartum health care, postpartum including delivery through six weeks.
- Plans and provides newborn care.
- Plans and provides well women gynecology and family planning services.
- Educate, counsel and advise patients, families and staff.
- Not Required
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience. BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Nurse Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. * AND* Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND Nurse Midwife Education: Applicants for nurse midwife positions must have completed an organized program of study and clinical experience recognized by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Selective Factor: IHS requires that all Nurse Midwives be Certified Nurse Midwives certified to practice as a Nurse Midwife by the appropriate certifying body. AND
GS-12: One year of experience providing nurse midwife services which consists of providing women's health care with emphasis on the reproductive cycle including management of the intra-partum period; providing health care for normal newborns; educating counseling and advising patients on all aspects of the reproductive cycle and related psychosocial issues.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. For information on Foreign Education click here: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/ . For questions concerning Commissioned Corps please contact Dodson Frank at 405/951-3741. Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement. A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement (ESEP only) CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- If you are selected for this vacancy, you MUST obtain and maintain Prescriptive Authority within 120 days of (EOD) Entrance on Duty.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- Subject to rotating shifts, holidays and weekends.
- The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants.
- This position is covered under Section 408 of the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, Public Law 101-630 and is considered a Child Care Worker position. The Addendum to the OF-306 (Childcare Worker Form) is required for all applicants and can be found under required documents.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $80,731.00 to $99,361.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-12/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Control Number: 449881400
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-OK-1789578-ESEP/MP