BTD TOP_Plant Manager in Clearwater, Minnesota
Description T.O. Plastics, headquartered in Clearwater, MN, is seeking an experienced Plant Manager lead our Clearwater plant with our thermoforming and extrusion operations. This position would be located in Clearwater, MN. The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing employees and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for all manufacturing operations in our plant. This position will be a critical leader in transforming out Operations into our Best Sales Tool and a model of Operational Excellence.
The individual best suited for this role will have the ability to effectively manage, develop, and deliver results with a diverse matrixed team. The person will have the capability to manage complex programs and use structured problem solving methodologies. Also, this person must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities. We are looking for a high energy individual, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and a drive to succeed.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Engineering, Business, or a technical field. Also, must have 8+ years of previous experience in a related manufacturing environment. Additionally, this person will need to have 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a manufacturing, production, or engineering role with 3 of those years having direct involvement and leadership in a Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement environment.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in production management, engineering, business or technical field
- 8 years’ experience in a related manufacturing environment
- 5 years progressive leadership & management experience in a manufacturing, production or engineering role
- 3 years direct involvement and leadership in Lean manufacturing/Continuous Improvement environment.
- High energy, entrepreneurial spirt and a drive to succeed
- Demonstrated results leading change, optimizing processes and implementing new programs
- Formal training and advanced knowledge of Lean methodologies and Operational Excellence
- Ability to work in a fast passed environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively manage large amounts of data, draw informed fact based conclusions and make timely decisions.
- Ability to manage complex programs and use structured problem solving methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage, develop and deliver results with a diverse matrixed team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross functional teams and communicating with individuals from the production floor to the executive level
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office and other computer application skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Previous experience as a Plant Manager in a demanding manufacturing environment that has transitioned from a traditional manufacturing environment to an industry leader in Lean methodologies and Operational Excellence
- Previous experience in a leading thermoforming company
- 6 Sigma Green Belt certification
- Previous Capex and department budget experience over $1MM
- Project Management Certification
- Advanced Business or Technical degree
The Plant Manager position requires a balance of sitting/office work and walking/standing on the production floor and warehouse. The production environment at times can be hot, loud and demanding. Safety glasses, hearing protection and certain clothing restrictions are required on the production floor. The production floor and warehouses require mobility and are a fast moving environment. Light travel between company facilities and some travel to customers, trade shows, suppliers and external meetings, etc. is required.
Requisition Number: 16-0375
Company: T O Plastics
Post Date: 8/29/2016
Title: TOP_Plant Manager