Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Social Worker Program Coordinator in Cleveland, Ohio
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Cleveland, OH
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (5 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (5 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1817608
If you are a current, permanent Department of Veterans Affairs employee or permanent employee of another Federal agency you must apply to vacancy FZ-17-NR-1817608 to receive proper consideration.
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans". How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art technology as well as medical education and research. Our main campus in Cleveland, Ohio has a full service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and a comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
Note: A Professional Standard Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Social Worker Program Coordinator. The Social Worker Program Coordinator will function in the Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC) within Social Work Service. The CRRC is an off-site outreach program for homeless Veterans and there are two locations covered by this position: one in Akron and one in Cleveland. Frequent travel will be required between the two sites. The Coordinator is delegated managerial and supervisory responsibility for staff performing Veterans intake and managing calls fro the National Homeless Call Center. The Social Worker Program Coordinator duties include:
- Supervising a group of employees performing work at various grade levels (e.g. social workers, program support assistant, rehab techs, vocational support, the Community Employment Coordinator, etc.) and providing administrative, technical and clinical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the program including outreach efforts in the community and outreach efforts at other sites within the Health Care System.
- Serving as the point of contact (POC) for the National Homeless Call Center and all county Veteran stand downs.
- Serving as the point of contact (POC) for the Supportive Services for Veterans Family Programs.
- Serving as the point of contact for all area Stand Downs and is responsible for collaborating with community agencies; which includes ordering Veteran Stand Down products and coordinating delivery and set-up for multiple community events.
- Coordinating work assignments, budget, treatment, and referral services for the CRRC.
- Administering information and analytical systems to evaluate and enhance the quality of service provided to Veterans.
- Developing and implementing information systems to track service activities including visits, referrals, patient demographics, equipment utilization, housing and patient satisfaction.
- Developing implementing and evaluating clinical guidelines and protocols to establish appropriate utilization of services.
- Completing suspenses as assigned and works with the Homeless Program coordinator to identify programmatic needs and changes.
- Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
- Providing advice and counseling workers related to work and administrative matters and effecting disciplinary measures as appropriate to the authority delegated in this area and reviewing and approving or disapproving leave requests.
- Dealing effectively with employees and union representatives on employee suggestions, complaints, grievances, and other matters involved in the day-to-day administration of the labor management agreement.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- Not Required
- U. S. Citizenship.
- Occupational physical may be required.
- English Language Proficiency.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- United States Citizen.
- Must possess a possess a master's degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work.
- Must possess a licensure or certification at the advanced practice level and must be able to provide supervision for subordinate staff to qualify for licensure (LISW-S).
- Must possess a valid state issued driver's license.
Grade Determinations for GS-13: Must possess one year of experience at the GS-12 level or equivalent. Must have experience that demonstrates possession of advanced practice skills and judgment. Must have the in-depth knowledge of the program coordinated and demonstrated knowledge and ability to write policies, procedures and/or practice guidelines for the program; knowledge and skill in management/administration, which includes supervision, consultation, negotiation and monitoring; ability to supervise multidisciplinary staff assigned to the program; ability to organize work, set priorities, meet multiple deadlines, and evaluate assigned program areas; ability to provide training, orientation, consultation and guidance within clinical specialization of practice and provide administrative supervision and clinical supervision, including supervision for social work licensure.
- Experience as a clinical social work supervisor.
- Experience as a social worker in the community.
- Experience in working with homeless people with co-occurring disorders.
References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II, Appendix 39.
Note: The National Social Work Professional Standards Board (a peer review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be please in that grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. When describing your experience please include your title, duties performed, and dates of employment (month/year). Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: Lifting and carrying light objects under 15 pounds using two hands is required. Walking up to two hours is required. Incumbent will also need to have the ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination, correctable vision, hearing with or without aid, depth perception, ability to distinguish basic colors and emotional and mental stability.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
Areas of Consideration Applicants will be considered based on the following areas of consideration.
- All Preference Eligible Veterans including: CPS/CP: A veteran who served at any time and who has a compensable service-connected disability rating of at least 10 percent, XP: A veteran who served at any time and has a present service-connected disability or is receiving compensation, disability retirement benefits, or pension from the military or the Department of Veterans Affairs but does not qualify as a CP or CPS; or is a purple heart recipient, TP: 5 point preference based on eligible active duty service, SSP (Sole Survivorship Preference): Discharged from active duty from the armed forces, after August 29, 2008, by reason of a "sole survivorship discharge."
- Veterans with no preference and all other qualified U.S. Citizens.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $87,781.00 to $114,120.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0185-13/13
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 452468500
Job Announcement Number: FZ-17-NR-1817608