HCA, Hospital Corporation of America MRI Technologist PRN - Imaging Center in Colonial Heights, Virginia
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES-produces diagnostic images of brain, spinal cord, head & neck region, chest, abdomen, pelvis, large joints and other areas of the human anatomy and vasculature utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging Equipment. Competently performs the MRIprocedures in accordance with established protocols. Processes and maintains accurate current records as directed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Performs basic scan protocols (i.e.; 2D/3D T1&T2, SE, FSE or TSE, cardiac gating), advanced protocols (i.e.; MR Angiography, MR Spectroscopy, MR Interventional and Echo Planar Imaging) and advanced cardiac protocols (i.e.; 2D/3D/4D and Spiral EPI Diffusion and Perfusion).
· Selects proper technical factors by submitting exams denoting region of interest and or pathology. Evaluates the technical quality of the procedure ordered assuring that only optimal images are submitted for interpretation.
· Properly administers the type of contrast media to be given based on the patient’s medical history and established policy and procedure.
· Operates a power injector to properly load and dispense IV contrast material under the direct supervision of a radiologist.
· Performs venipuncture for the administration of paramagnetic contrast media in accordance with department policy and procedure
· Applies appropriate technical factors to assure optimal procedures and patient safety.
· Assists with the orientation and education of staff within the environment.
· Instruct/lead in-service trainings including MRI safety as required.
· Provides technical leadership and is technical/job related resource for staff.
· Assist with development and implementation of Center/department policies and procedures.
· Encourages, promotes and initiates processes and activities which work toward achieving service excellence in the department/Center.
· Where applicable, serves as Clinical instructor for students of affiliate imaging programs.
· Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to patient history, pregnancy, allergies, lab tests, correlative procedure results, reason for the test and patient complaints/symptoms in accordance with Center policy.
· Performs quality control procedures prior to performing clinical procedures and regularly inspects equipment.
· Ensures that patient results are communicated to healthcare team timely, accurately and without compromising security and confidentiality.
· Ensures all required documentation, requisitions, forms, charges, and patient’s medical record are completed per established Center policy. Completes all written and computer documentation in a timely manner.
· Ensures compliance to all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
· Plays active role in ACR accreditation and in process/maintenance of Center accreditation.
· Actively participates in staff orientation, training, education programs, performance improvement, and quality control activities and initiatives.
· Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
· Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
· Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
· Completes on-going continual education to improve job performance, maintain licensure/certification/registration, and stays abreast of current trends and practices.
· Maintains and organizes supplies appropriately.
· Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions.
· Meets established goals and objectives
· Follows through with work assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
· Practice and adhere to the HCA “Code of Conduct” and mission.
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Possesses sound and thorough operational knowledge of the modality, peripheral equipment and emergency response equipment.
· Can recognize a contrast media reaction and assist the radiologist in the administration of emergency treatment as indicated.
· Displays knowledge of the theory, techniques, operation and care of the equipment and the principles of radiation MRI safety.
· Displays high degree of working knowledge of the Imaging equipment utilized.
· Knowledge of, observes, and complies with Center safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard precautions.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to read, follow and comprehend both written and verbal instructions.
· Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions and seeks guidance as needed.
· Demonstrates ability to complete work within appropriate time frame and perform accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work loads and high stress.
· Demonstrates a through knowledge of work practices, policies, and procedures.
· Demonstrates ability to treat all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
· Demonstrates ability to solve customer/patient problems, treats customer/patient with dignity and respect, and responds quickly to customer/patient needs.
· Demonstrates ability to establish effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently to perform job with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
· Demonstrates ability to perform duties in a cost-effective manner.
· Demonstrates initiative and requires minimal supervision.
· Graduate of JRCERT accredited Imaging program required.
· 2 to 4 years imaging experience preferred
· ARRT (R), (MR), BLS required.
Title: MRI Technologist PRN - Imaging Center
Location: Virginia-Colonial Heights-Appomattox Imaging
Requisition ID: 25314-2361