Kratos Technology & Training Solutions RT Logic Principal Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
RT Logic is a leading supplier of ground signal processing systems (RF, DSP, and digital domains) for satellite operations including factory test, launch, business operations, and assured mission capabilities. Our technology also supports non-space applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer who will guide strategic innovation initiatives in our Tactical and Network Communications segment.
The qualified candidate will be a highly collaborative, strategic, technical, servant leader with the proven ability to influence the development of real time RF, digital and IP network related communications systems to benefit our tactical ISR and SATCOM customers. This position is both internally and customer facing. Internally, the qualified candidate is the CTO for the business segment who will guide strategic R&D; initiatives, inform regarding relevant technology trends, assist the business areas with strategic planning, ensure that internal investments are aligned to the business case, advise and lead various systems architecture activities, build teamwork and collaboration, coach and mentor. On the customer facing side, the candidate will earn relationships with key customers, understand and articulate their needs, co-design effective system solutions, provide win/win technical proposals and ensure their success with our solutions.
- Setting architectural vision and customer-driven objectives in an entrepreneurial, product/solutions business
- Winning customer confidence through integrity, thought leadership, technical communication, problem solving and capability demonstrations
- Subject matter expertise in RF and networking communications related to ISR (UAV,airborne, maritime), and/or satellite ground systems
- Systems engineering responsibilities for government and commercial programs
- Technical advisor/coach/mentor to product engineering teams for RF and network communications
- Facilitating collaboration between engineering groups through working relationships, design reviews, peer reviews
- Authoring strategic technical proposals from an understanding of real time embedded systems
- Performing systems requirements analysis, decomposition, and implementation on software oriented systems
- Partnering with customers to drive innovation of our commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products based on their needs
- Guiding, coaching and mentoring junior engineers
- Preparing and performing effective presentations demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a highly technical level
- Representing RT Logic at related strategic industry conferences, workshops, forums, etc.
Experience and Skills:
- BSEE/MSEE with 15+ years of progressive experience in applying real time technology to aerospace control and user applications
- Expert level systems engineering background: demonstrated team leadership and collaboration
- Experience in the following: RF communications, DSP, IP networks, aerospace system architectures, embedded real time systems, data encryption/decryption, serial data systems, Digital IF
- Relevant, current industry experience and demonstrated strategic technical insight
- Hands-on development experience with real time hardware, software, or firmware
- Proven track record of business capture support for complex systems
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and systems architecture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL 16-015
Location: Colorado Springs , CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: May 27, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP