Kratos Technology & Training Solutions RT Logic Test Engineer- Software in Colorado Springs, Colorado
RT Logic is a leading supplier of ground signal processing systems (RF, DSP, and digital domains) for satellite operations including factory test, launch, business operations, and assured mission capabilities. Our technology also supports non-space applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer-software!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Serve as team member participating in the verification and validation testing of software products. Develop formalized test procedures ensuring compliance to customer and RTL requirements and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write and develop software test procedures
- Perform formal software testing to verify quality and reliability for product requirements
- Conduct both automated and manual testing of applications
- Complete test asset creation, test execution, error reporting, analysis and reporting on testing outcomes
- Analyze and identify system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing.; appropriately escalating issues as defined by processes
- Develop test software to be used in support of software testing activities (this can include software to support Factory Acceptance Testing)
- Assist in writing requirements specifications, design, and test documents
- Assist hardware and software integration tasks
- Consult with hardware and software engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system
Experience and Skills:
- B.S. in Engineering related degree.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience writing test scopes, test plans, test procedures and executing test cases.
- Able to write test cases based on different inputs (ie. Soft Reqs, Developers input, or Product Guide, team meeting, software incidents, customer reports, etc)
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Organized, Task and Detail Oriented.
- Familiar with Test tools and frameworks (NI TestStand, etc).
- Knowledge of Software Testing Practices and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience using bug tracking and recording systems.
- Experience with GUI testing.
- Experience with Networking and TCP/IP protocols.
- Knowledge of Software Packaging.
- Software Quality Assurance experience.
- Knowledge of Software Builds.
- Knowledge of satellite communications.
- Use of digital and RF Test and Measurement Equipment.
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL:16-019
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: June 08, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP