Kratos Technology & Training Solutions SAT Corporation Project Engineer-Network Products in Colorado Springs, Colorado
SAT Corporation, (A wholly owned Kratos Company) is a trusted global satellite communications monitoring, interference detection and geolocation company. SAT Corporation is committed to developing industry practices and new technologies to reduce the costly effects of unwanted interference. SAT Corporations products, SAT-DSA, Monics, satID, and SigMon use patented algorithms, complex science and cutting edge technology to monitor satellite communications for Quality of Service; identifying anomalies, including secondary signals, and geolocating sources of interference. SAT Corporation is also leading the efforts behind streamlining network operations and services/content insight.
The qualified candidate will:
- Support customer technical interchange, support and/or program meetings as needed
- Design, Develop, Integrate and Test Network Management systems based up on customer requirements
- Manage project activities including schedule development and execution including financials
- Travel to customer locations to support installation and acceptance testing. Travel may be up to 25% of time
- Support software and hardware technology engineering/integration activities
- Support telecommunications and network hardware technology engineering/integration activities
- Support internal and 3rd party software/hardware integration activities remotely and on- site at customer facilities
- Support business development staff through requirements analysis, systems engineering and application design activities
Experience and Skills:
Bachelor of Science degree in related technical discipline and 7-10 years direct work experience. (CS, EE, CSE). Will consider prior military service and/or work experience in lieu of degree.
2+ years Telecom OSS, NMS, or Services application development or administration experience.
Prior experience supporting satellite communications, telecommunications and/or broadcast industries with complex monitoring/management applications.
System Administration experience in one or more of the following UNIX/Linux variants: Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, SUSE, Debian
Experience with developing scripts in a UNIX/Linux environment.
Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, Postgresql or Oracle including SQL and stored procedures
Development experience in EMS and NMS application environments.
Development experience with some or all of the following: C, C#, Java, HTML, PHP.
Working knowledge of network technologies including IP, TCP/IP, ICMP, IGMP and Multicast.
Project Management experience including schedule and finances for projects with a team size of 3-4 people.
Experience creating detailed network diagrams using Visio, Autocad, or similar tools.
Experience working in a mission critical production environment.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required. SAT Corporation offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! EOE M/F/D/V. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: SAT:16-002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 04, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: Any
Starting Date: ASAP