Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in Columbia, Missouri
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Columbia, MO
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Monday 9/19/2016 (34 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (68 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1804736 OUR MISSION**: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Come work for a dynamic team at the Truman VA. Enjoy the benefits of 54 days of paid time off per year (26 days paid annual leave, 13 days paid sick leave, 10 paid federal, and a 5-day paid absence for approved CME), 5% 401K matching, subsidized health/dental/vision/long-term care insurance, free liability protection, flexible spending accounts. We also offer regular pay increases in the form of within-grade step increases, every 2 years (approximately $3,610), annual cost of living increases (variable and must be signed into law by the POTUS).
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
The nurse anesthetist regularly provides anesthesia care in unusually extensive and complex anesthetic procedures, up to and including open heart procedures, which are of prolonged duration and involve high risk patients, including development of individualized program of post-anesthesia care. Depending on experience, may participate in instructing and supervising of less experienced peers and as instructor in airway management, intravenous and intra-arterial line placement, monitoring techniques and advanced life support programs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday shifts may vary
Functional Statement Title/#: CRNA
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship: U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Certification: Full, unrestricted Licensure, Certification or Registration is required.
- Education: Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005.
- Additional Education: Graduate of an accredited nurse anesthesia educational program approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) at the time the program was completed by the applicant. The AANA has compiled current listings of approved training institutions, which are published annually in the December issue of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Journal. The American Hospital Association in their "Guide to the Health Care Field" also publishes listings of approved training institutions annually in August.
Preferred Experience: Applicants typically have about 6 years of specialized experience, one year of which must reflect the ability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and evaluate a program of nurse anesthesia care. Applicants may have obtained specialized experience as independent nurse anesthetist or senior nurse anesthetist.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-7. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: This is a direct patient care position and may require long hours of standing, walking, sitting at a desk entering patient information into a computer. Lifting and positioning of patients may be required. Moving and positioning equipment may be required.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Full time CRNA's will earn 8 hours of vacation per pay period. 26 pay periods in a year will equate to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Salary Range: $109,500.00 to $171,846.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0605-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 450876200
Job Announcement Number: BX-16-SLR-1804736-BU