Defense Finance and Accounting Service Conference Program Assistant in Columbus, Ohio
About the Agency
DFAS' (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position: http://www.dfas.mil/careers/howtoapply/vacancyannouncement/appointment-eligibility.html
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- Coordinates with DFAS management and CCC officials/staff to schedule a variety of training classes, conferences, and meetings at the respective facility.
- Coordinates and directs conference planning, to include scheduling/reservations, space planning, conference design/set-up, equipment, and furniture requirements, contracts, and special requirements related to such things as power/electrical requirements; security needs, interpreter services, catering requirements, and hotel accommodations.
- Performs a variety of administrative and technical duties in support of the agency conference center program; i.e., setting up and maintaining reference/correspondence files; receiving and distributing correspondence and mail; ordering office supplies, equipment, publications, printing, and other services; preparation/maintenance of various logs/records and databases.
- Assists CCC attendees/visitors in conducting conference calls, copier services, facsimile support, etc. As required, arranges use of the facility outside of normal work days/hours to include weekends. Ensures CCC facilities are rearranged in the proper order prior to attendees/visitors departure.
- Occasional Travel
- The travel requirement for this position is 15% or less.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Background Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Served 3 months after initial competitive appointment into Federal Service
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-06) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. Specialized Experience is defined as: performing a variety of administrative support functions which include providing clerical and administrative office support duties in support of customers and users of conference, training, or other meeting/event spaces. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: scheduling classes, meetings and/or conferences; setting-up and tearing-down of equipment, supplies, computer connectivity, etc; greeting visitors and providing logistical information; stocking necessary supplies for the facility.
GS-07 (1-grade interval) Substitution of Education for Experience: One full year of graduate level education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required when it is directly related to the work of the position being filled. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-06 or higher grade in Federal Service. Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service. Background or Security Investigation: This is a noncritical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is NonExempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is 15% or less.
- This position is covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476853700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-15
Salary: $41,897 to $54,470 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Series: 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: CO-10037709-17
Control number: 476853700