U-Haul Mechanical Express Specialist (General Mechanic) in COLUMBUS, Ohio
Mechanical Express Specialist (General Mechanic)
U-Haul Repair FacilitiesColumbus RERSCOLUMBUS , OH
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Under the direction of the Shop Manager or Shop Foreman, the Mechanical Express Specialist will diagnose source of general mechanical and driveability problems and repair and/or replace parts and assemblies to U-Haul trucks.
The Mechanical Express Specialist will use mechanical experience and expertise to perform a variety of repairs or replacements and may include:
• Diagnose source of mechanical and drive ability problems and repair or replace gasoline or diesel engine parts and related components such as radiators, and heating and cooling systems
• Perform basic front-end alignments; inspect, diagnose and repair differential components
• Perform a variety of repairs and replacements on power steering, pumps, and gearboxes
• Perform a variety of repairs or replacements which include, but are not limited to, cooling
systems, suspension, electrical system, and engine performance
• Repair and / or replace steering and suspension components
• Electrical Systems: All basic systems including gauges and accessories; charging systems, Ford and GM engine controls
• Fuel Systems: Ford and GM carburation; Emission controls/exhaust; Ford and GM fuel injection
• Steering: Front-End Alignments; Ford and GM Power Steering Box & Pumps
• Suspension: Air Ride/Controls; Shocks & Springs
• Diesel/Gasoline Engines: Ford and GM Diesel
• Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle
• Cooling Systems: All
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
(These hours may change based on business needs)
Mon –7am to 4pm
Tue –7am to 4pm
Wed –7am to 4pm
Thu –7am to 4pm
Fri –7am to 4pm