HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director (LCSW) - Social Services in Corpus Christi, Texas
_Corpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX_
_Director (LCSW) - Social Services_
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
*Corpus Christi Medical Center *is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
Women's Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a* Director (LCSW) - Social Servicesat ourBayview Behavioral Hospital.*
- The Director of Social Services has 24 hour a day seven day a week responsibility for all clinical social work activities.
- Assesses the quality of social service provision to patients and families.
- Assures maintenance of standards of quality social services as defined by professional bodies, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and other accrediting organizations via the use of effective performance improvement processes/systems.
- Provides direct clinical social services to patients and families as a backup to social workers.
- Coordinates and assures social services representation at treatment planning conferences and staffing in all programs.
- Develops social work forms and systems.
- Takes responsibility for coordinating patient transfer to appropriate levels of care.
- Participates in service line on-call rotation.
The Director of Social Services must demonstrate knowledge and skills in provision of services to a varied populations including children, adolescent, preadolescents, chemical dependency/dual diagnosis and adult patients in an inpatient and outpatient settings. #LI-GULF
Graduate with a Master' Degree in Social Work from an accredited social work school required.
- Three(3) years of progressive management experience with at least six (6) years of experience working with a psychiatric mental health population, preferably in an inpatient setting.
- Texas**Clinical Social Work License preferred (LCSW)
- Prefer knowledge of case management, discharge planning, group leadership skills, age specific growth and development, crisis and behavior management, family therapy theory and practice.
- Knowledge of theory and practice of psychosocial assessments.
- Able to work cooperatively with other hospital staff, regulatory agencies and involved community agencies.
- Good organization skills, as well as oral and written communication skills. Additional business acumen required for the monitoring of personnel productivity, proposal development specific to programs, resources, materials, equipment, vendors, etc.
Title: Director (LCSW) - Social Services
Location: Texas-Corpus Christi-Bayview Psychiatric Hospital
Requisition ID: 26394-6916