Indian Health Service Nurse Midwife, DHA in Crownpoint, New Mexico
Indian Health Service
3 vacancies in the following location:
- Crownpoint, NM
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Tuesday 1/26/2016 (269 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (71 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-CR-1609144-ESEP/MP VA number; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
This position is located at the Crownpoint Healthcare Facility, Division of Clinical Services, Medical Staff. The primary purpose of this position is to provide independent care to the maternal population within established guidelines at the Crownpoint Healthcare Facility and two satellite clinics. This position will be reporting to the Clinical Director.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Provides independent care to mothers and their babies including low-risk patients of the maternal-child population including well-women, GYN and newborn care. Provides independent care within established guidelines of a medically directed health service.
- Teaches and informs patients and family members to promote informed consent and knowledgeable participation in their own care and ways to maintain and/or improve their health status.
- Actively maintain records and reports on patients and organization of all pertinent clinical data needed to provide comprehensive medical care in accordance with quality care initiatives.
- Performs complete history and physical examination, prescribes medicines appropriately, when indicated utilizes internal and external fetal monitoring, intrauterine pressure catheters, performs ultrasonography, interprets and documents lab and testing results.
- Appropriately consults, collaborates or refers to a physician during emergencies regarding care of high risk patients and in any situation beyond midwifery scope of practice.
- Occasional Travel
- To surrounding satellite clinics and/or service units for meetings, trainings, etc.
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Licensure Requirement
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. Applicants for nurse midwife positions must have completed an organized program of study and clinical experience recognized by the American College of Nurse Midwives. Must submit a copy of certification.
IHS requires that a Nurse Midwife be certified to practice as a Nurse Midwife by the appropriate certifying body.
In addition to the Basic Requirement, you must meet 52 week of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 to qualify for the GS-12; 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 to qualify for the GS-11.
Specialized Experience: To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience for the Nurse Midwife includes: planning and providing newborn and women's antepartum, intrapartum and post-partum health care.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Review our benefits
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The Indian Health Service (IHS), National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit: For IHS - http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment/For NHSC - https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/ For HRSA Nurse Corps - http://www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/index.html
Government Housing - upon availability
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Routine duties shall include providing maternal health care services to individuals eligible for services provided by IHS in homes, schools, clinics, and other community locations within the assigned service unit.
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $69,081.00 to $99,361.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-11/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States citizens; PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply to the Merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
Control Number: 427580000
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CR-1609071-DHA