Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Financial Business Analyst in Culver, California
- Supporting the Director of Finance in the preparation of financial reports and analysis.
- Participating in the preparation and oversight of budgets and funding contracts.
- Taking a significant role in system implementation and process improvement, including documentation of processes.
- Participates in the preparation and completion of agency budget.
- Works closely with Senior Financial Analyst to prepare monthly financial and management reporting, complete with supporting schedules and data analysis.
- Reviews monthly variances between actual and budgeted expenses to ensure accurate posting
- Produces monthly budget monitoring report, highlighting anomalies; creates summary report.
- Designs complex worksheets and/or databases for tracking and reporting business performance.
- Provides financial and technical expertise on projects requiring complex financial analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements, periodic and year- end contract based cost reports.
- Prepares regular financial forecasts.
- Collaborates with Revenue Department to incorporate contract adjustments in to forecasts.
- Works with accounting staff to identify inefficient and redundant processes, design, document and implement new procedures.
- Works with department management and accounting staff to assist in the implementation of new systems.
- Develops and maintains skills through seminars, workshops, or other forms of training/education related to non-profit accounting, financial and management reporting and data analysis.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related area and five or more years experience in increasingly responsible professional accounting positions, in a social service/mental health or non-profit environment.
- A working knowledge of implementation and maintenance of general accounting, payroll and related accounting and record-keeping systems.
- Experience documenting accounting and business procedures in a consistent format.
- Accurate math skills including statistical analyses.
- Personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, accounting and payroll software.
- Great Plains experience preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills required including ability to write macros.
- The ability to present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Superior analytical skills.
- A commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
Candidates must be able to clear all criminal background checks in order to qualify for this position.
Requisition Number: 16-0160
Post Date: 8/19/2016
Title: Financial Business Analyst
Full Time/Part Time: FT/Exempt - Salaried
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly