Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Electronic Health Record Specialist in Culver City, California
The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Specialist is responsible for the monitoring and support of the electronic health records (EHR) for the agency.
The person in this role will:
- Assess and administer the EHR system on an on-going basis, to ensure the system is meeting the growing and changing needs of the agency.
- Maintain training and documentation manuals for use of EHR system; will provide initial and ongoing training for EHR users.
- Create and maintain training and documentation manuals for use of EHR system; provide initial and ongoing training for EHR users.
- Provide end users with issue support, resolution and recommendations as needed, including EHR updates and changes with applicable Departments and users.
- Recommend and support development of policies and workflows related to the EHR.
- Must adhere to departmental standards in regard to HIPAA and other privacy issues.
- Engages staff in participating in quality improvement activities related to EHR and assists in developing a culture of quality regarding the EHR.
- Document, track and monitor problems and system improvements to ensure a timely and functional resolution.
- Support management and end user access to data sources in the EHR.
- Provide support to HelpDesk in a specialized EHR support role.
- Answer escalated staff questions in person and via phone on EHR and EHR related applications.
- Works closely with the EHR Coordinator and QA Specialists to support agency staff in successful use of EHR functionality.
To perform effectively in this position, the employee in this position is required to have the following competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in an electronic heath records system.
- Working knowledge of computer and software expertise, including Business Intelligence, Excel, Crystal Reports, Word, and Power Builder.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and communicate technical information and concepts to line staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various departments learning their individual job flow and program processes.
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal and DHCS billing mandates.
- Demonstrated understanding of patient care workflow process.
- Working knowledge of using and developing technology in a clinical setting.
These requirements are typically met by any combination of experience and education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in information technology, psychology or related fields, HIM certification or completion within one year of hire; 2 years of experiencing as an EHR user and two years of experience providing direct client services in a DMH contracted or directly operated program.
Candidates must be able to clear all criminal background checks in order to qualify for this position.
Requisition Number: 16-0188
Post Date: 9/15/2016
Title: Electronic Health Record Specialist
Full Time/Part Time: FT/Non-Exempt - Hourly
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly
City: Culver City