Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Therapist II in Culver City, California
Scope of Position
Therapist II (Licensed Therapist) will provide direct clinical and case management services to Adults with serious mental illness such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and severe depression receive outpatient mental health services, including psychiatric medication management.
Performs intake assessments by phone and/or in-person, client evaluations, and provides diagnoses.
Formulates a plan of treatment, which promotes the development and maintenance of individual goals designed to facilitate individual growth, improved social interaction, ability to manage mental illness and/or substance abuse and live independently.
Assesses and monitors the condition of clients and evaluate success of treatment, and adapts interventions as needed.
Provides case management to include referrals and links to community support services, psychiatric services, housing, rehabilitation programs, drug/alcohol services and, social activity groups.
Initiates 5150 holds for clients presenting a danger to themselves or others, and are in need of hospitalization.
Interfaces and collaborates with the clinic psychiatrist, regarding client treatment planning.
Monitors and maintains documentation of client services, ensuring compliance with agency policies and procedures, Department of Mental Health contract guidelines, and other related state/federal agencies’ standards and guidelines.
Participates in officer-of-the-day duty coverage and twenty-four hour on call coverage.
Develops and maintains clinical skills through seminars, workshops, or other forms of training and education.
Attends and participates in programs, agency staff meetings, and all other related community agency meetings as required/requested.
- CA registered LCSW, LMFT, Psy.D, or PhD,
- Have a minimum of 3 plus years of experience working with individuals with a history of mental illness in a social service/mental health environment.
- Working knowledge of mental health services coordination and management.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, DMH, DHS, Department of Social Services, and other state, federal regulations relating to mental health services.
- Current knowledge of coordinating treatment planning and case management for assigned clients.
- Strong communication skill s and the ability to present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly; both verbally and in writing.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other related software.
- Ability to use analysis, experience, and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- A working knowledge of conducting individual therapy sessions for those with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse and their families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Evidence Based Practices, Co-Occurring
- Disorders and/or the Recovery Model of treatment is required.
- The ability to support the values and mission of Didi Hirsch as related to employment.
- Strong working knowledge of crisis intervention and individual therapy, documentation, exposure to multi-cultural and a population with socio-economic issues.
- Skill and knowledge to perform 5150 holds for clients exhibiting a danger to self or others.
- Basic advocacy skills.
Didi Hirsch is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
Requisition Number: 16-0202
Post Date: 9/28/2016
Title: Therapist II
Full Time/Part Time: FT/Exempt - Salaried
Division: Clinical Operations
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly
City: Culver City