Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Engineering Aide/Mechanical Technician in Dahlgren, Virginia
Mid-level mechanics/technicians to support government contract for a period of at least 12 months. Work will involve mechanical assembly of custom designed parts using a variety of tools (custom and standard), presses, crimpers, etc. in support of range and laboratory operations. Some parts will need to be fabricated or reworked (as necessary) and experience with machining, metal fabrication, rapid prototyping, and plastics molding. Assemblies require a variety of coatings, experience with painting, coatings, and working in a paint booth is also desired. Perform quality inspections of both incoming and outgoing parts, using basic inspection tools such as calipers, gage pins, and go/no go gages.
No telephone calls, please.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience with hands-on mechanical assembly.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of different production tasks, and balance task priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience in machining, metal fabrication, plastics molding, plastics fabrication, and rapid prototyping.
- Experience in mechanical assembly in a production environment, to include dimensional and quality inspections.
- Experience in painting, coats, and working in a paint booth.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-139172
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 30, 2013
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 2
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: ASAP