Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Program Manager (Contingent) in Dahlgren, Virginia
The candidate will lead in team in combat system systems engineering trades and analyses for future Naval Surface Combat and Warfare Systems definition and design, as well as current Naval Surface Combat and Warfare System Operations. Systems engineering efforts by the team will encompass any of the following disciplines: architecture engineering/development, requirements engineering/management, total ship systems engineering, element design, design integration, ship integration, technical assessments, interoperability assessment, certification, and advanced design development. Additionally, the candidate will lead a team to provide systems engineering support in the mission areas of Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD), Dominance & Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Surface Dominance, Navy Fires/Land Attack, Maritime Dominance, Undersea Dominance, combat systems cyber security and C4ISR. This support will be in all applicable ship and mission system areas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
The candidate will:
- Provide program management support for the duration of this contract.
- Manage the execution of systems engineering support of highly complex combat systems.
- Provide combat systems engineering support, point papers, information status reports, issue papers, and technical reviews/reports for the Government at various combat systems meetings.
- Support Government strategic planning by monitoring and reporting advancements in combat system technology, best practices, and industry trends.
- Create briefing material for systems engineering support.
- Respond to action items associated with systems engineering support of combat systems.
- Submit monthly status reports.
- Prepare and conduct In-Progress Reviews (IPRs) on a semi-annual basis (or more frequently if requested by the Government) at a location mutually agreed upon by the Contractor and the Government. The IPR agenda will follow the format of the monthly status report.
- Provide agendas and minutes for contract meetings.
- Report all Contractor labor hours (including Subcontractor labor hours) required for performance of services provided under this contract for the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division via a secure data collection site.
Additionally, the candidate will:
- Plan, direct, coordinate and manage administrative activities associated with effective and efficient execution of the contract.
- Supervise task managers in the execution of their assigned duties.
- Review and maintain the quality of the technical work being completed on the contract.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of all work products delivered on the contract including task/work planning, control of budget, schedule, and task execution, contract and subcontract management, personnel management and supervision.
- Produce technical reports on findings, provide system data collection and analysis, and conduct technical documentation reviews.
- Support business development efforts.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in acquisition, including development and management of the technical aspects of Government projects, as well as experience in planning, managing, and supervising the development and acquisition of systems, and
- Seven (7) years of management experience in technical efforts directly associated with systems engineering, including Surface Navy combat systems.
Must be U.S. Citizen with active DoD Secret Clearance.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-230710
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 19, 2016
Job Level: Management
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP