Convergys Site Director I in Dallas, Texas
Site Director I
The Site Director I is responsible for delivering high standards of service to customers by making the most effective and efficient use of call-center staff and technology resources. This position uses a range of measurements to monitor, analyze and plan improvements to call-center performance of a call center with a population of up to 1,100 staff members. To meet these responsibilities, the manager must be a combination of expert service provider, coach, trainer, mentor, motivator, and manager.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Collaborate with senior management and staff to develop strategic plans; coordinate with other departments to establish open communications systems that ensure information is mutually shared to achieve optimal results
• Develop and retain team of managers, providing coaching and development opportunities that continuously build and expand both the individual and the team capabilities and bench strength
• Drive continuous operating improvements and quality performance of site metrics such as quality, productivity, staffing, training, attrition, and costs
• Provide expert knowledge of workforce forecasting and planning to ensure necessary staffing levels to support customer demand
• Drive recruitment, selection, and retention of highly qualified internal and external candidates
• Manage department resources and provide leadership to ensure that production and quality work meets company goals
• Participate with cross-functional departments in strategic decisions designed to meet quality and service goals
• Identify, analyze, and resolve a wide range of technical, process, and operational issues, providing quick and decisive solutions
• Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university with more than twelve years of relevant experience (with four to six years of Progressive Mgmt Experience) preferred
• Experience managing a large call center preferred
• Mastery of communication skills and styles, both written and verbal. Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Proven ability to lead and organize multi-disciplinary projects and initiatives in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment with broad impact
• Demonstrated ability to lead strategy behind mentoring and coaching for team(s) and to act as leadership advisor to lower-level management
• Understanding of financial policies and budgetary requirements, including forecasting
• Demonstrated ability to champion significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using creativity and ingenuity
• Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor team on developing lasting customer relationships
• Extensive understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices
Career Framework Role
Provides leadership and direction through Senior Managers and/or Managers. Participates with leadership to develop strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative and operation matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies. Decisions are guided by functional strategies and priorities. Has overall responsibility for developing and administering budgets and performance standards for functional area or department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Dallas, TX
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.